Chapter 15 - I Love You

White. It was all white and so bright. The soft beating of a heart monitor and the sounds of soft chatter coming from the hallway was all that could be heard. Flug sat up from his bed and rubbed his eyes.

'Where..?' Flug looked around. He was in a hospital room. He looked down. He was in a hospital gown. Flug swallowed then practically yelped in pain. God his throat hurt so much.

The doorknob to Flug's room began to turn and Flug reached up at his face. No bag.

Oh no...

The door to his room opened and a woman with a soft smile and light brown hair that was in a messy bun at the top of her head walked in and looked at Flug who was now shaking.

"Oh! You're up! Are you feeling ok dear?" The nurse asked, noticing Flug was shaking.

"Where's Slug? Or BlackHat? Or...anyone really..." Flug asked, his voice was so raspy it was hard to understand what he was saying.

"Their right outside dear. I need to run a few tests on you before I let you see them though..." The nurse said while flipping through her clipboard of papers.

"O-oh...alright..." Flug replied softly.

A few tests later and Flug's throat was throbbing but he was given pain meds that should kick in any minute now. The scientist was finally done with tests and was sitting in the bed and the nurse went to talk to his friends.

Slug came bursting through the door and ran up to Flug and hugged him tightly but not tight enough to hurt Flug in his current state.

"I thought you died! You idiot!" Slug practically wailed, squeezing Flug a little tighter.

"Like I said nothing can kill me- not even myself..!" The scientist chuckled. Slug just looked at him confused. "Oh...sorry wrong person haha..."

Everyone else started crowding the doorway looking in.

"Can we come in as well?" WhiteHat asked. Flug smiled and nodded.

Everyone came into the room and began to talk to Flug asking him if he's ok and such but someone was missing.

"Hey...guys uh...where is Jefe-?" Flug asked, his voice still raspy.

Everyone fell silent.

"...Flug..." Demencia began "we don't know where BlackHat is..." Demencia looked at Flug who looked like something just broke inside of him.

"W...what..?" The scientist looked up with tears in his eyes.

"He just got up and left when we were waiting. He didn't say anything or gesture just...left..." The crazy girl said sitting on the edge of the bed.

Flug had begun to cry silently.

On the other side of BlackHat island a ways away from the hospital there was standing on a small bay that was as peaceful as you could get on the island. It was shielded away from everyone and protected by some form of magic the owner of the island held. That said owner was walking on the sand covered ground trying to clear his head and calm down. He had been there for hours. He didn't expect his scientist to be waking from his injury for a long while so he didn't even think about if Flug woke up at all, not until it was extremely late in the night at least.

BlackHat needed to clear his head, that's why he came here in the first place. He wanted to take Flug here when he confessed to him to show him this secret place that brings Jefe so much comfort and hoped it would do the same for Flug.

The demon was very deep in thought when his phone started to ring. He picked it up and looked at the caller. It was WhiteHat. BlackHat quickly answered.

"Hello? Is Flug awake? Is he ok?" Jefe began asking questions.

"He's fine! And awake. You need to hurry over here! He's freaking out." WhiteHat replied.

"Why is he freaking out?" BlackHat asked.

"He thinks you left him." WhiteHat looked at his phone in confusion when the line went dead. Did he just hang up? WhiteHat thought. He put his phone in his pocket when he heard the sound of familiar footsteps behind him.

"Brother!!" BlackHat was speed walking towards WhiteHat with what looked like a rose in his hand.

"A rose? Really?" WhiteHat said, crossing his arms.

"Listen, I didn't know what to do and thought this would make him feel better. Also it's for an apology since I wasn't here when he woke up..."

"You really were hit with cupid's arrow."

"Shut up!" BlackHat replied while walking towards Flug's room. WhiteHat just rolled his eyes.

Flug was sitting on his hospital bed tears were streaming down his face. Demencia was perched right next to him. She was rubbing circles into his back trying to comfort him. Slug was standing by the door waiting for either WhiteHat to come back from calling his brother or for BlackHat to come waltzing into the room. Slug was pretty upset at the demon for leaving without an explanation but was willing to let him see Flug if he did come back.

A soft knock came from the door. Everyone looked up while Slug softly turned the handle and opened the door to see BlackHat standing with a rose in his hand.

"Let me guess. You want to talk to Flug alone." Slug sneered. BlackHat just stayed silent. "Fucking...fine. Demencia come on." Demencia hopped off the bed and followed Slug out.

BlackHat walked into the room, closing the door behind him. Flug looked at the demon before quickly wiping his face of any tears that were still there.

"Flug...I'm so sorry that I wasn't here when you woke up." BlackHat apologized. Flug stayed silent and looked away. "Really the cold shoulder? Even after I went and got you a gift?" BlackHat asked. The doctor looked at the demon and raised a brow.

"Gift..?" He asked

"Yea...I got you something...It's not a lot but it's one of the only things that were actually alive that lived at the house..." BlackHat mumbled while walking to the bed then sitting next to Flug.

BlackHat who has had his arm behind his back finally revealed a dark red rose that had been freshly picked from the rose bushes that grew in the green house at the mansion. Flug's eyes lit up.

"Like I said it's not much-" BlackHat was interrupted by Flug pulling him into a tight hug.

"Thank you...Jefe," Flug muttered. BlackHat hugged back feeling the warmth from the scientist made him feel amazing.

"I love you Flug..."

"I love you too Jefecito..."

With that the two shared a soft kiss and they enjoyed every single moment of it.

Guys i think this is the end...but... I want to make a sequel but i dont know what it should be about. im thinking about them having kids but i need ideas. and THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1.2K READERS!!!!!!!!!!! im so fuckin happy right now like you wouldn't believe! anyways if you guys have any ideas please let me know im up to anything at this point.