Chapter 12 - We're Alright Now

"Demencia. Call an ambulance. Right. NOW!" BlackHat's voice was breaking and tears were fighting to fall from his eye.

The lizard girl reached in her pocket and grabbed her phone.

BlackHat ran to Flug's side. He grabbed the razor from Flug's hand.

"Flug... oh my god..." the demon mumbled. He swiftly picked up Flug, hooking his arm under the doctor's knees and putting his other arm on his upper back so that he was holding him bridal style. He brought Flug to the living room. BlackHat was shaking. Tears were flowing down his face.

505 saw Flug at some point when BlackHat was bringing him into the living room and ran to get medical supplies. The bear began to patch up his papa while BlackHat was calling his brother to tell him what happened.

A few minutes later they were all in the hospital. WhiteHat was comforting his brother who had been crying silently. Demencia was hugging 505 like Flug's life depended on it. Slug was pacing up and down the hallway.

He had felt the pain but didn't think anything of it. He just thought that something might have happened while his brother was working or anything else. Not...this.

A nurse walked out of Flug's room. Everyone looked up.

"He's ok." The nurse announced. A sigh of relief filled the room. "But...he's going to have to stay here for a while to heal." She added.

"Can we see him?" Demencia asked.

"One at a time please." The nurse said.

They all looked at each other.

"Slug. You go first." WhiteHat said, gesturing to the door. Slug smiled and went in.

Flug was sitting up in a white bed. He had bandages on his arms and was connected to an IV along with other machines that Slug couldn't name to save his life.

"Slug?" Flug asked, squinting at his brother. Slug chuckled and reached in his pocket pulling out a pair of glasses.

"Yes you idiot. Now put these on so you can see..!" Slug chuckled.

Flug put on the glasses, finally seeing clearly. He looked up and smiled softly at his brother. "Hey..!"

"Hey..." Slug said, pulling a chair next to his brother sitting on it. "How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine...better now then I was before..!" Flug's voice was incredibly raspy and Slug could tell that it hurt to talk.

"Why did you...you..." Slug couldn't finish his sentence. His brother had always struggled with this type of thing but he never thought it would get this bad. He thought it got better when they left highschool but... He never thought that his brother would try to take his own life.

"I..." Flug began trying to turn his thoughts into sentences. "I thought that I was going to die when I was coughing up the flowers...It got so painful that I was barely able to move." He paused. "I thought that if I was going to die, I might as well get it over with..." Flug was starting to feel his tears falling down his cheeks. "I'm so sorry Slug!"

"Don't apologize Flug! Jesus! It wasn't your fault! You thought that you were going to die so your mind took that literally! I know that you wouldn't just do this...I know you..!" Slug put his hand up with his pinky out. Flug did the same.

"Twins." Slug said, connecting their pinkies.

"Twins." Flug repeated.

Demencia was next in line to see Flug. When she entered she was a lot quieter than usual.

"Demencia...Come here..." Flug said, putting out his arms. Demencia ran to Flug crying as she wrapped her arms around him and began hugging him tightly. Flug hugged back softly stroking her hair.