Chapter 6 - A Long Talk

Flug was sitting in his chair at his desk while Slug was sitting on another chair with wheels on the other side of the room from Flug. There was so much tension in the room that it was almost suffocating. The brothers had been sitting in silence for what felt like an eternity before one of them spoke.

"What did you want to talk about?" Flug muttered just loud enough for his brother to hear.

"Well..." Slug began "You know that ever since the accident at the academy we've been able to feel each other's pain. Not a lot but just a little, right?"

Flug's eyes widened and he looked at the floor.

The academy...

When Flug and Slug had been at the BlackHat academy they were working in pairs of five and they decided to make an invention so that when you were hit you would be able to feel anybody else's pain that was hit as well.

As a joke one of the members, Cecelia, had splashed the brothers with the substance thinking that it was harmless until Flug was shoved into a locker and Slug felt a sharp pain in his left side. After a while they both realized overtime that the invention worked on them and the effects never wore off; it just got more subtle over time.

Flug gave out a soft sigh before nodding at his brother and looking back up. "Yea why?"

"Flug dont play dumb with me. You know exactly why." Slug expressed with tears building in his eyes.

"Slug..." Flug began before getting interrupted by his brother.

"You have been throwing up almost everyday for over a year! Are you ok? Is there something wrong? Did you pick up an eating disorder somehow?" Slug began questioning Flug like his life depended on it before Flug finally had enough and cut off his brother.

"SLUG!" Flug yelled, knocking his brother out of his rant immediately. "Please calm down. You know I hate having so many questions asked at once and I'll tell you why but you need to stay quiet and give me a second to have this all in one story ok!?"

Slug was now quiet and slid his chair over to Flug and waited for him to talk.

"I..." Flug began quietly and his voice was already starting to break. "I...I have..." Flug's eyes began to water and tears began to fall behind his paper bag.

"Take your time...and are you ok with taking off the bag?" Slug questioned with comfort.

Flug nodded.

"I'm gonna take off the bag now ok?" Slug said and softly grabbed the edges of his brother's paper bag then took it off and placed it on his desk. Slug then took off his own bag and placed it next to Flug's.

Flug looked up at his brother, tears were streaming down his face and he was trying to get a hold of himself.

"It's ok Flug it's just you and me. I won't judge you and I won't yell at you. I'm here to listen and help if possible." Slug said, grabbing his brothers trembling hands and smiling at him to help comfort him.

"I...I have Hanahaki Slug." Flug confessed through a choked sob.

Slug went pale before tears started escaping his eyes. "What..?" He managed to get out his voice now breaking like his brothers.

"Are you...are you sure?" Slug wept out looking up at Flug who just nodded. "Who?" Slug questioned.

Flug bit his lip "BlackHat..." He choked out before more tears escaped his eyes.

Slug grabbed his brother and began to hold him in his arms. Both of them were crying into each other questioning how they would live without each other.

They sat there hugging onto each other for what felt like an eternity and they were both ok with that.

At some point Flug's cries died down to a soft whimper every few minutes. He had fallen asleep. Slug's eyes were now dry and he was clutching onto his brother like someone would take him away.

Slug stood up with his brother in his arms and walked out of the lab and down the hall to Flug's room.

Slug layed Flug down on the bed somehow not waking him up then sighed. He saw Flug curl into himself and began to weep quietly.

Slug exhaled softly and layed next to his brother and hugged him. Flug's weeping began to quiet down and he wrapped his arms around Slug who was now beginning to drift into sleep.

Completely forgetting about their paper bags that were still sitting on Flug's desk.