Karma (Part 2)

Chris:

Justice and I ran out of the room and into the hallway .

"He shot her" August stated blankly, appearing to be in a trance.

"Shot who?" Justice yelled, jogging over to August.

"She shot Alisha. She was trying to take the gun from her and they were scuffling. This is the result" he spoke, pointing down at Alisha, who looked like she was ready to bleed out.

"We've got to get her to a hospital. NOW!" Justice shouted.

I nodded and ran into my room, slipping on some J's and running towards the exit, where both August and Justice were outside, August holding Alisha.

As I was briskly walking towards the door, someone clasped my ankle.

"Ahh!" I shrieked, looking down.

"Ciara, what are you doing?" I whisper-yelled.

"Chris , I didn't mean to do it.... You've gotta help me. What if the cops come for me?" She cried, fear seeping through her eyes.

"Hmphm. That's not my problem CeCe." I said skeptically.

"CHRIS! Come on!" August called.

I hurriedly shook Ciara off of my leg, jogging out the door while taking one last look at Ciara and slamming the door behind me.

Alisha:

"Where am I?" I thought, taking a look around. I was in an all white room, wearing all white with a little gash (stitched up by the way) right above my left eyebrow.

"You're in heaven" I heard from a distance.

"What?" I asked, confused, turning around, meeting the gaze of a random Caucasian guy with white hair as well as white attire.

"You're in heaven. Well , temporary holding" he said.

"What does that mean, did I die?" I panicked.

"You're in a coma due to such a lack of blood and little to no oxygen traveling to your brain." He explained.

"No! No! No! But what about my life on earth?" I yelled.

"Remember all those people you killed?" He asked.

"But the-" I began in defense.

"No buts. It was not your place to rid them of their visit on earth. So, karma is taking its toll and only you can determine whether or not you will go back down or stay up here with me." He spoke.

"Wait, so if this is karma, how come I'm in heaven?" I asked, somewhat lost.

"Because you have a problem and God forgives" he said to me.

I nodded in response and looked away, glancing at a door, something that wasn't there before.

"Is that?" I began.

"Prove yourself worthy of life on earth" he grinned, gesturing to the door.

I smiled thankfully and walked towards it, turning the knob.

Justice:

I shifted a little in my seat, glancing around the waiting room, observing all of these people.

Just as my mind began to wander, I noticed a doctor walking out with a clipboard.

Thinking he was coming to August, Chris, and I in regards to Alisha, I instantly stood up, awaiting the news.

Instead, he cut short and stopped at a large group of people, sitting down.

Once he said whatever he had to say, which was most likely bad news, the one of (whom I'm assuming was the mom) began to cry hysterically.

I heard lots of mumbles and sobs among the now standing crowd and I turned the opposite way, as one of the guys made eye contact with me.

The only thing that filled the room for a good 15 minutes were cries and over the phone conversations.

I looked down into my lap and blinked rapidly as the tears began to surface at the rims of my eyes.

"Excuse me" I heard from a male voice.

Quickly wiping my eyes and looking up, I made eye contact with the doctor from earlier.

"She just came out of surgery" he started, but was cut off by August.

"Can I see her please???" He asked, hopefully.

"Uh sure, if your friends here don't mind you going in first" he stated.

"Not at all" Chris said, before glancing over at me and back up at the doctor.

"Go ahead" I told August.

Soon, he'd disappeared down the hall with the doctor and Chris and I were alone since the family of the deceased went elsewhere.

"Justice" he called.

"What Chris?" I asked, getting upset with his nonchalant tone.

"Do you have feelings for me?" He questioned.

"Nope" I said, folding my arms and looking straight ahead.

"Not eve-" he started.

"Not even a little. Is that all?" I asked with an attitude.

"K. Cool" he spat, getting up and walking out.

"But just know that you'll realize that you had something good, willing to try things with you, despite your flaws.." He spat once again, this time, hurt masking his voice.

I blinked rapidly in attempts to stop the tears from coming as he walked away.

August:

"Alisha, I just want chu ta kno that although dey say you crazy, you're perfect ta meh. I don't care that we just met because I'm already developin' feelings for yuh... Just please, stay strong. Once we both get out of rehab I wish to start a life witchu.... Ya kno, build a familee mama." I smiled, pecking her hand.

Tbc... Excuse the errors