Animal Cuddles (BarMeon)

Words: 834

Animal Transformation AU.

Barbatos is a mysterious demon. No one knows what he truly is. Every demon of high class represents an animal, Barbatos' animal is unknown.

Lucifer represents a peacock. Mammon represents a corvid. Leviathan represents a sea serpent. Satan represents a unicorn. Asmodeus represents a Scorpion. Beelzebub represents a fly and Belphie represents a cow. Even Lord Diavolo's animal is known, which is a black tiger.

Every demon that represents an animal has the ability to transform into said animal, but Barbatos has never transformed into their animal.

Not even Diavolo knows what animal he represents. At first it was thought that he represented a sea serpent, but Leviathan proved that theory wrong as one animal can only represent one demon.

So, what was their animal? Well, Simeon happened to find that out by chance and was quite surprised to know what it was.

■■■

Simeon was on his way to the Demon Lord's castle with a basket in his hand which held an apple pie made by Luke. It was a recipe that Barbatos had told him and he tried it.

'Luke really wants Barbatos to know what this pie tastes like. He didn't even let me take a bite' Simeon thought with a sigh and a smile.

She reached and saw that it was deathly quiet. That only happens when Diavolo is not in the house. So, Simeon decided to go inside and leave the basket in Barbatos' room. She knew where it was.

He opened the door and entered. The Demon Lord's castle didn't need security. The demons were scared of Barbatos torturing them so they never approach the castle unless invited.

Simeon walked through the halls. All the lights were switched off, but the place was really clean. Simeon noticed that the floor of the living room was wet.

'Barbatos must be here and just finished cleaning' Simeon thought with a smile. She got her wings out and flew over the living room. He didn't want the wet floor to get dirty.

So, where ever he saw wet floors he flew. Eventually, she made it to the second floor of the castle. He walked to where Barbatos' room was.

'They must be resting after cleaning' Simeon thought. He was used to this. Whenever the house was clean, she would fly to Barbatos' room where they would be reading a book.

Simeon approached the room and twisted the handle. She opened the door and the room was pitch black. Simeon looked around carefully and saw something hanging from a rod in their room.

"Barbatos, why do you have that random rod in the middle of the ceiling?" Simeon asked.

"A special reason and a secret" Barbatos replied as he flipped the page of his book with their usual smile.

"Alright" Simeon didn't pry any further and continued with his puzzle.

'Is this the secret? I wonder' Simeon thought as he looked more closely and saw...

"A bat?" Simeon said without realizing. The bat opened its eyes and flew towards Simeon. He easily dodged it and switched on the light by throwing an eraser at it. He wasn't a marksman for nothing.

The bat was teal in color, with a strip on it's back that was a lighter teal, more close to turquoise. It had two skeletal looking thing coming out of its head like antennas and a long tail that was twice its body length. It looked the same as Barbatos' tail.

The bat started to fly towards the door, but Simeon threw a book from the bookshelf in the room at it to close it. Now, the bat and Simeon were trapped in Barbatos' room.

It started to chitter in a panic. Simeon felt a little sad seeing it so distressed, but then realized something. The color of the bat, the horns, the tail.

"Barbatos?" She said questioningly. The bat stopped chittering as it stood on the ground in front of Simeon. A teal smoke rose up and when it cleared, there was Barbatos, with an embarrassed blush on his face.

"So, that's your animal form!" Simeon said with his usual smile. Barbatos looked to the wall.
"Do not tell anyone about this" Barbatos said, his usual subtle threatening tone gone.
"If you agree to let me cuddle you as a bat!" Simeon said as he put the basket on a table. The pie could wait.
"Alright" Barbatos said with a sigh and transformed with a smile.

'How could I say no to that face?' Barbatos thought as they flew to Simeon, who in turn layed on the bed and cuddled the small animal.

"Well, from that calender i'm guessing that Diavolo won't be here for a week" Simeon said as one of his wings popped out and covered Barbatos like a blanket as she continued to cuddle them.

'His wing is really soft.....' was the last thought Barbatos has before falling asleep.

'Their fur is so silky...' Simeon thought with a smile and also fell asleep.