𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

After lunch Nia and Tess decided to break the bad news to Esme.

Walking up to the long curly-haired girl who stood by her locker, Tess and Nia made their presence known by saying her name; "Esme".

"Hey guys!" Esme looked up from her phone and smiled. "Sorry about lunch, I was busy with something" She says. "Uh, Essie... I have something to tell you" Tess says, anxiously. "Okay?" Esme pulled her eyebrows together and she put her phone in her pocket. "I'm sorry! I didn't-" Tess began to apologize but her sentence got cut off.

"She didn't give you your book sooner!" Nia grabs the book from Tess and hands it to Esme; "Here you go!".

"Oh! It's, uh, cool" Esme shrugged as she took the book.

"Thanks, Tess... and Nia!" Esme thanked them. "Esme, I really need to talk to you" Tess tried to get her attention. "Why is it wet?" Mae asked. "Mae, I can explain" Tess says. Esme looked at the two before opening the sketchbook. Tess closed her eyes before throwing her head back.

"No!" Mae looked through the dry but mostly wet pages of her book. "What the hell did you do?!" Esme grabbed a hold of Tess's shirt and brought her closer to her face. Tess tamed her growing smile and cleared her throat, feeling her cheeks burn and her heart pound due to her fear. "Let her go, you maniac" Nia pulled Tess back.

"E, let us explain" Tess said, calmly. "Yeah! It was a mistake" Nia butts in. Esme closed her book then her eyes and took deep breaths. "Okay" Esme nodded her head and chuckled. "Okay, yeah. This is cool. This is totally fine!". "Essie, let me explain" Tess repeated, sadly as she touches her right arm.

"Tess, don't fucking touch me!" Esme yelled with teary eyes, pulling her arm anyway.

"Sorry..." Tess said as she backed up and her eyebrows pulled together. "No need to yell, Reyes" Nia rolled her eyes. "We told you it was a mistake" She adds. "And what was up with my drawing? Nobody else had dumb marks on them!" Nia whined. Mae gulps, shifting her posture as she felt Tess's eyes on her. "I was curious about that too" Tess says with a head tilt.

"And you guys went through it too!? Ever heard of privacy rights?" Mae crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"It seems like we all are making some big mistakes lately" Esme bites on her top lip. "Hey, you wanna know what my mistakes were?" Esme asked Tess. "My mistake was trusting you" She says in a hurt tone. "It's sad that you can't even do the most simplest thing".

"My mistake was thinking that you would have real feelings for me!" Esme continued.

"I'm such an idiot" Mae then ran her hands through her curls and let out a shaky sigh. "Essie. Come on" Tess frowned, trying to get the girl to calm down before she said something she'd regret. "Maybe- Maybe us being friends was a mistake, O'Malley!" Esme said. "Essie, you don't mean that!" Tess says. "Trust me... I do" Mae hissed.

"You knew how much this book means to me and you guys went and ruined it, Tess!".

"I don't want to talk to either of you anymore so just... just stay away from me!" Esme stated before she ran off.

"Esme!" Tess called out. She wanted to go after her but she knew it was best not to. Tess rest her body weight on the lockers beside her and closed her eyes. She messed up. "Welp, at least she's gone now" Nia says, unbothered. "One less thing I gotta worry about" She mumbles, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Are you kidding me right now?" Tess questioned as she removes herself off the green and blue lockers.

"What?" Nia asked, confused. "Nia. You- You just ruin something that meant the world to her!" Tess began to argue. "And I know for a fact that you purposely spilt that water". "You can't prove that" Nia says to her ex. "I don't have to! Because everything bad that's happened so far is because of you and your problems!" Tess stated.

"My problems?".

"Don't throw your anger towards me because your little girlfriend is pissed off about a dumb book, Teresa!" Nia says.

"She's not my girlfriend!" Tess ran her hand through her hair. "And thanks to you, I won't even have that chance anymore!". "You're being dramatic!" Nia groaned in annoyance. "Look," Tess pinched the bridge of her nose; "Stop being fucking petty and move on!".

"I'm done, alright?" She tells Nia.

"What are you talking about?" Nia asked.

"I'm done with... with you! I'm not falling for your lies, your stupid mind games and whatever else you have planned in that brain of yours! I'm through" Tess stepped up. "I tried focus on the good things with us but your really making it hard to care about your feelings and this friendship when you do shit like this" Tess stated. "Tess..." Nia crossed her arms.

"Nia. I'm going to say this again, and I want you to hear me clearly" Tess says; "I'm through letting you have power over me. I am over you, get that through your head!".

"I'm sorry" Nia apologized, realizing how serious Tess was actually being.

"Screw you, Nia." Tess walked away.

"Tess!" Nia stomped her foot on the ground and watched Tess turn around the corner of the school.