𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Nervously pacing on the rooftop, Tess studied the confession she had planned on her notes.

"Are you going to be pacing around like this when you talk to her?" Tess lifts her head and looks at Nia. "N-no" Nia raised a brow as she took a seat on the nearby stool someone had left on the roof. "Of course, I'm not!" Tess scoffs as she finally stops pacing with shifty eyes. "Let's just go from the top" Nia laughs.

She leaned down to grab her water bottle when she almost fell off the stool.

"Whoa!" Nia regains her balance and earns a laugh from Tess.

"You good?" Tess questioned as she had to look down at Nia. The stool she sat on gave them a slight height difference. "Yeah. I'm good" Nia grins. "This stool is clearly, uh, wobbly" Tess nodded in understandment and placed a hand in her pocket. She pulled out her phone once again to look at her notes.

"No. No, Tess" Nia shakes her head, and points to the phone. "Ni, I need it" Tess frowned. Nia encourages Tess to ditch the phone. "Will you just trust me? I'm telling you won't need it!" She reassured the athlete. "Fine" Tess breathes, placing her phone in her hoodie pocket, and begins to speak. "The truth is, is that I like you" She began.

The girls ignore the creaking rooftop door. They were used to the noises due to the layout and age of the apartment complex. "I never stopped, ever!" The words brought a smile to Tess's lips. "The way you talk about your passions and the way you light up the room with your energy, god" Tess sighed, happily.

"You're so incredible" Tess's tension eased and she felt more confident.

"But with everything going on between us, I don't know if you still feel the same way about me".

"What the hell?" Toriah whispered to herself, hiding behind a wall. In silence, she considered herself a spy. Tori carefully watched and listened to take in all the information that she possibly could relay the message. "I've been a horrible friend to you and I'm sorry for that" Tess says. "And as much as I hate it... I know that you are into Fallon too" She sighs, closing her eyes.

"I just had to let you know how I felt and that I'll support you with whatever you choose to do" The brunette bites down on her lip as she fidgets with her rings.

Nia bats her lashes as she grabs Tess's hand and says; "That was amazing".

Tess's eyes darted to Nia's, slightly shocked. "You think so?" She asked. Nia stood up from her stool and gave the girl a look. "Tess" Nia said. "Yeah?" Tess answers. "I told you that you had it in you" Nia's fingers brushed against Tess's fallen hair strings as she gave the girl a warm smile.