𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

Tuesday November 30, 2020

Tuesday
November 30, 2020

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"I honestly don't know why you're so upset" Esme says as she leans her body weight against the lockers.

"You and Fal have a lot in common besides basketball" She points out to calm Tess's sudden jealousy towards Fallon.

"Oh, so, now you two are on a nickname basis? Wow" Tess scoffs, putting away her textbooks as another eventful school day comes to an end. "I'm just saying that maybe you should stop this whole grudge thing and-" Esme says before Tess cuts her off. "You want me to be her friend!?" Tess questions, shutting her locker in the process. "Would that be so bad?" Esme questions.

"Yes! Horrifying even" Tess walks off.

Esme was quick to follow behind her. "What is your deal?!" She asked. "Nothing..." Tess replied with a sigh. "It has to be something! You were being super weird then and you're being super weird now" Esme tells her best friend. When in reach, Mae grabs ahold of Tess's arm and turns her around.

"Are you jealous or something?" Mae asked.

"Pfft! No" Tess scoffs as she looks to the side and fidgets with her bracelet.

"It's okay if you are!" Mae smiled. "I think it's kind of cute" Her hand moves down to grab Tess's. The brunette's body had briefly relaxed from its tension and felt at ease. The moment was short-lived when the image of Mae and Fallon on a date reappeared in her mind. "I'm not jealous, okay?!" Tess snatched her hand away from Esme.

Mae's heart ached in the moment and she placed her hands in her pocket.

"I- I truly don't believe that she's someone you really want to be with" Tess stated. "Isn't that a decision that I have to make?" Esme questioned. Tess eyebrows knitted together as her lips parted. Was Mae seriously thinking of having Fallon as her girlfriend over Tess?

"E, come on! She's not a good person" Tess started to argue with Mae.

"You don't even know her, Tess!" Esme tried to think of multiple reasons for why Tess should just let this go.

"And you think that you do?" Tess questions, looking her up and down. "She's going to lead you on and the second you start falling for her is the second she'll be closer to breaking your heart!" Tess states with her tone full of anger. Esme watched her movements as Tess's fist unfolded and took a deep breath before speaking again. "I'm not letting that happen" Tess added, more calmly and boldly than before.

"Tess, I'm really glad that you want to have my back and you want to protect me but I can-" Esme began before she was soon cut off by someone from a distance.

"E? Hey, there you are!" Quincey came up to the two friends.

Esme turned her head to the cheerleader and smiled. "Hey!" She gave the girl a side hug. "Come on. We're going to be late!" Quincey told her as she grabbed Mae's hand to leave. "Yeah. Just give me a sec" Esme says. Quincey nods and walks away to give them their privacy. Tess sighs and brings the topic back into the conversation.