𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀 𝑫𝑶𝑵𝑬 - 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

As the rest of the morning continued, Tess and Esme found themselves stealing glances at each other.

The parents had left the apartment a while ago and everyone else was just enjoying themselves and their gifts.

Suddenly, Quincey and Nia, swooped in with a twig of mistletoe, grins plastered on their faces.

"Hey, look what we found!" Cece announced, holding the mistletoe above Tess and Esme. Tess's heart raced as she exchanged a nervous glance with Esme. "Um, guys..." Mae shook her head. Before they could protest more, Quincey shook the mistletoe that was above them. Levi laughed as Toriah and Tatum scoffed.

Quincey and Booker currently hyping them up for the challenge. "There's no way they're gonna do it" Tate says, biting into his cookie. "Especially with Mae being with that girl" Toriah agreed. "What's her name again?" Tatum questions with a mouth full. "Gallon? Fallon? I don't know" Toriah shrugs.

"The girl doesn't tell me anything".

Nia turns her head and sees Fallon glaring Tess down. She quietly moves over to the kitchen and makes her way to the London girl. "Isn't it crazy how they are about to kiss right in front of you?" She asked. Fallon looked down at Nia and rolled her eyes. "I mean that has to piss you off, right?" She says.

"Your girlfriend is about to kiss her ex-girlfriend underneath the magical mistletoe".

"Who does that?" Nia scoffs. "They weren't actually together during that time" Fallon made clear. "Tess was too busy dealing with you" She glanced at Nia who hummed. "You could be right" Nia shrugged. "I am right" Fallon said. "But you can't say that they didn't have something" Nia stated, facing Fallon.

"They had some sort of connection during that time you weren't around" Fallon crossed her arms and Nia raised her eyebrows.

"Why else do you think they're about to kiss?" Nia questions. "I don't know what you're trying to get at here but I trust her" Fallon tells Nia. "She's gonna get up and walk away any second now" Turning back to look out the kitchen, Nia chuckled and shook her head. "That trust of yours is gonna be your downfall, Cameron". 

"And we both know how much your rep' means to you" Nia smirks.

Fallon gulped and she allowed her jaw to tighten. "I'd get rid of her the very chance you get" The shorter girl says. "She's not that worth it anyway" Nia walks out of the kitchen and sits on the edge of the couch arm. "Are you guys gonna sit there looking stupid or are you gonna kiss already?".

Esme hesitated, her eyes flickering with uncertainty as she leaned in, feeling the weight of the moment pressing down on her.

Tess's touch on Mae's chin was gentle yet reassuring, guiding her closer as their lips brushed against each other's.

Mae used her hand turning Tess's head to the side and quickly kissed her cheek.

"Oh, thank god!" Toriah cheered. "Now, fuck off, asshole!" Tess grabbed the mistletoe from Quincey's hand and threw it somewhere. Esme's eyes looked around the room and they landed on Nia, clearly satisfied with whatever she had gotten out of doing this.

"Sorry" She whispered before she left the room and headed outside of the twin's apartment.

"Mae, wait!" Tess called out, watching as the girl left her side. "Oh, come on!" Nia groaned as Mae closed the door. "Yeah, that wasn't even a kiss! You guys gotta do it again" Quincey says. "What's your deal?" Tess glared at the two girls who were having a blast. "Relax, Tess. It's just a harmless joke" Quincey shrugs before joining Levi and Booker to play the game in their room.

"Yeah. You guys didn't even kiss, so why are you heated?" Nia grins.

"I'm not" Tess says.

"You totally are! I bet—".

"Shut up, Nia!" Toriah hissed. Nia look eyed her up and down before she flips the younger girl off. "Dude, let me go!" Tatum holds Tori back from doing something that she would regret. "God, Esme..." Tess sighed and stood up to find Esme as Fallon walked out of the kitchen.

"Don't even think about it" Fallon bumps her shoulder into Tess and meets up with her girlfriend outside.