Chapter 4 the truth and meeting the real Alexandrite

(hello my non-existent readers I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while I lost motivation and I kinda don't know how this story is supposed to go)

Alexandrite/Alexandria's POV

As I woke up from my nap feeling so refreshed and energized I stood up and walked out of my room and wandered around the big estate I stumbled on a room with a painting of the duke's family the painting contained the duchess who had beautiful ruby red hair, the duke who had ash black hair and eye along with two kids who looked identical to each other they both have blood red hair and coal like black eyes but the only difference was one was a boy and the other was a girl "this must be the real Alexandria and Alexandrite the body I'm in" I thought to myself as I continued to look at the picture perfect family as I went up to touch it I suddenly blacked out.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I woke up, I found myself in the same room, but this time I saw 6-year-old Alexandrite he was sobbing and the Duke's wife, the Duchess, was there with him. She looked at him with disgust and then slapped him across the face. "You should have been the one that was kidnapped, not my darling Ria," she spat with anger.

The Duke rushed into the room, "Why did you slap Alexandria?!" The duke asked. "Because this brat was supposed to be the one that was kidnapped not my darling Ria" she explained not hearing the duke calling him Alexandria as the Duke nodded.

"What are you talking about?" the Duke asked. "Alexandria was never kidnapped. It was Alexandrite who was taken, not him."

The Duchess looked at the Duke in confusion. "But I was told that it was Alexandria who was taken and that Alexandrite was the one who was left behind," she said.

The Duke sighed. "No, that was just a cover story. We had to tell everyone that Alexandria was the one who was taken, in order to protect Alexandria and keep her safe. We couldn't risk anyone finding out the truth and harming her."

The Duchess looked at me, realization dawning on her face. "Oh, I see. Mommy so sorry, Ria. I had no idea."

As the Duchess left the room to find the dress she had intended to give to Alexandria, the Duke hugged me, saying, "I'm sorry, Lex. I know it's not easy, but you have to keep pretending to be Alexandria. It's the only way to keep you safe" the duke said as Alexandrite nodded with tears in his eyes

I couldn't believe what was happening. "So this is the real reason why Alexandrite is acting like Alexandria," I said to myself surprised

Suddenly, everything went black and I passed out again. When I came to, I found myself standing in front of a young boy with red hair and black eyes. He looked just like me, he was the real Alexandrite.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Alexandrite, the real one," he replied. "I made a deal with a god so that you would be reincarnated into my body in hopes that you would help me find my sister because I died before I could find my beloved twin sister again."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. the real Alexandrite had made a deal with a god just so that I would help him find the real Alexandria. I knew then that I would do whatever it took to find the real Alexandria and keep her safe, no matter the cost.

"I will do whatever it will take to find the real Alexandria" I promised to him as he smiled "Thank you so much Liam or should I call you Alexandrite now?" He said "No that's your name" I replied "No it's your name now Alexandrite," he said with a smile "But what would I call you?" I asked, "Well I have always wanted to be called a nickname..." He said as he fiddled with his hands "I want you to call me Alex" he added with a smile "god damnit he is so adorable" I thought "Okay Alex" I said as I smiled "See now your Alexandrite and I'm Alex" he said with a smile that could rival the sun "but I was always curious about something..." I said as I looked at him "Hmm what is it?" He questioned "why we're you acting-" I was going to ask when I suddenly felt as if I was fading as I looked at him in fear "What's happening?!?!" I asked "You're waking up again," he said sadly "but am I going to see you again?" I asked hopefully "Maybe" he answered mysteriously as I started fading I woke up in a majestic room and I saw the duchess and dad as they both saw me awake and jumped up and hugged me.

To be continued.

Word count: 832