❆ 5: C rank mission

Chirping from the morning song birds is something I look forward too when I wake up. It brings me a sense of peace in the morning to this hectic world of fighting and ninjas.

"Kaida dear if you don't wake up and get ready team 7 is going to leave us" Shiba's voice rings in my ear as I'm still waking up.

"Yeah yeah," with a yawn and a hop out of bed I get my day started with a brushing of the teeth.

These last few weeks have been nothing but basic missions anyone can do. Whether it be retrieving a cat, or cleaning up some random mess. Kakashi is the only one getting these mission request you would think he would want to advance them some time soon.

"What's with the thinking face?" I hear Momo ask as I walk out to the living area.

"What do you mean?" I look at her confused.

"You only have that face on when you're deep in thought and in a mood." Momo replies to me not looking away from her book.

"Well, Kakashi keeps choosing the boring ass missions, Naruto and the rest of them keep asking me when are we getting more difficult missions and I have no answers." I groan with frustration.

"Have you talked to Kakashi about it?" Momo then asks.

"Well no-"

"Kaida you and Kakashi are captains of this team, how are you expected to work with these kids and training them if you can't have a simple conversation with Kakashi to see where his head is at?" Shiba comes out from the room scolding.

I tie my hair up to it's regular ponytail and tie my leaf head band back. "I will talk to him today..happy?" I turn away from the both of them and head out the door.

"She's just as stubborn as her mother." Momo says.

"Chouka raised her so what did you expect, no thanks to Jiraiya." Shiba scoffs and rolls her eyes,

"You better follow her, you know she'll leave you." Momo flips the page to her book.

"YOU need to stay alert in case Kaida needs you!" Shiba scoffs and puts her head up high and proud.

—————

"How far away are you from the target?" Kakashi asks.

"5 meters" Naruto responds up in a tree.

I'm behind a bush near Kakashi, "the target seems to be unaware of what's going on." I report.

"Alright I'll give the signal, is everyone ready." Kakashi asks.

Everyone gives the sign that they're ready, "Now!"

Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke jump pout at once, Naruto grabs the cat into his grasps.

"We got the cat."

"Positive ID with the bow on the right ear?" Kakashi asks.

"Seems to be right." I say as the cat attacks Naruto's face.

"Alright mission lost pet is accomplished." Kakashi says happily.

"CAN WE DO SOME OTHER MISSION I HATE CATS!?" Naruto yells in the mic.

I rip the mic and ear piece from my ears and throw it to the ground.

~~~~