❆ 9: all of you

Standing off with the elite Water Assassin Zabuza, I clutch my kunai waiting for Kakashi's signal to move. "Kaida stand back with team 7" the copy ninja finally gives me orders.

I stand perplexed and annoyed, "What the hell do you mean stand back? Kakashi I can hel-"

He cuts me off, "Kaida this is important, you already know what this guy is capable of right?"

I sit there for a single moment and look back at: Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. I hate to admit it but he was right. Sakura and Naruto look terrified, while Sasuke looks lost in space for once. These kids just got thrown into a higher ranked mission than what we thought so we never prepared for anything like this. They needed someone to protect them while also letting them spread their wings. Kakashi was a bit more skilled than me and had the endurance right now to take on Zabuza. I had to let my ego...unfortunately.

I let out a sigh and shake my head "Fine but Shiba is going to back you up!" I bite my thumb letting a cut appear on it, I drag my thumb on the ground with a lazy drawing of a paw to transport Shiba. She appears with all her glory and slightly huge and...not ready for battle.

"This better be important you are cutting in my spa time" she says yawning with cucumbers on her eyes.

My eyes begins to twitch with annoyance and I puff my cheeks up. "You were gone for 4 hours!" I scold her seeing as we don't have time for ANY of this.

"I told you my dear the animal spirit realm has a bit of a time difference," she removes the cucumbers from her eyes.

"Enough! Get serious." Kakashi sternly scolds the both of us.

"Oh he's a happy camper!" Shiba jokes and scoffs.
"Shiba just help Kakashi anyway you can!" I jump over to Mr Tazuna and Team 7.

I felt a dark presence over near Sasuke, his eyes were glossy and his body was trembling. The Genjutsu!

It was like...that time before...

•••

11 years ago

"I think we're safe," a 14 year old Chunin ranked Kaida says as she huffs in and out.

"For now.." Akina says dragging her body down a tree to catch her breath.

Time has passed since team 5 became team 5; the 3rd great ninja war ended years ago, and Kaida has become a Chunin ranked kunoichi.

"Hey you guys all good?" A question comes through their ear pieces, it was Ken. He stayed back and above with Momo to have our back from the sky.

"Yeah all good Ken, sorry for making you worried." Kaida gives him a response.

"I'm glad to hear that my precious" Ken said in a sly lovey voice.

Kaida rolls her eyes, she puts the mic and ear piece close together to make a high pitched noise in his ear. You can hear Ken scream in pain on the other end.

"Anyways how are things looking up there Ken? Any sign of the enemy?" Kaida asks him as she still keeps a lookout.

"From what I see it seems you guys lost em, where's Akina?" Ken asks.

Kaida turns around, "Oh she's right...here?"

She was gone, Kaida looks left and right to look for her missing teammate that just seemed to have vanished. "Akina?!" Kaida shouts.

No response. Kaida takes out a kunai knife for protection. Her ears were perked up to listen for any sudden movements in the distance, she could still sense the wind girl but didn't know where she was.