Choices (Short story)

"Can I kiss you?" I ask him.

"Why?"

"Because I can't take it anymore, I can't deny it anymore, I can't act like.." I look down at my hands afraid to say the words out loud.

"What is it?"

"I want you. I love you. I always have, I always will. My desire for you is endless. All I think about is you. I want you to kiss me. Just this once. Because I need to kiss you so I can stop thinking about it, so I can just do it."

His gaze studies my face, and he smiles. It was a real smile because his dimples appeared on his cheeks. He smiles.

He takes my face in his hands, his thumb brushing my cheeks.

He was silent for a moment just staring at me with those deep green eyes of his.

"You make me go crazy. And believe me when I say, I want nothing more than to kiss those soft lips of yours. And we both know your not mine, you never were. You were always his. But I wish I have taken you first, I wish I have kissed you first. I wish I was the one who showed you true love first. I want you and nothing more. I desire you, not only you but your attention... Your touch... Your voice... You. I have love you my entire life long. And thinking of losing you kills me."

He looks down into my eyes. He has the most beautiful smile in this world. He rests his forehead against mine. He takes a deep breathe.

"I have always loved you most even though you weren't mine to love."

As he said those words he presses his lips against mine. And I felt fireworks. My whole body turns into a hot mess in his arms.

I lean against him. He wraps one arm around my waist and holds me against him. His so warm.

I softly moan as his tongue meets mine. He deepens the kiss gripping the back of my neck.

He breaks the kiss out of breathe.

"I wanted you for so long." He whispers against my lips.

I smile.

"And I've wanted you since the first hello." I say. "I remember every word you've ever spoken to me. You were the one I should have chosen. Not him, because no one can make me smile or laugh the way you do. No one can make me feel this way... But you."

"Runaway with me." He holds me close to him. "Let's go far away from this place, just you and me. Do not marry him, marry me."

I smile up at him slowly brushing his cheek with my thumb down to his jaw.

"Yes." I say without a second thought.

We both smile while the snow slowly fall from the midnight sky. I love him. I knew I always loved him but I could never admit it. I denied it because I thought the man I was with I truly loved, but he never made me feel the way this man makes me feel. With this man I feel loved and I feel alive.

"I love..." He inhales a sharp breathe his face turning pale, his smile disappearing from his face. He stares at me with lifeless eyes. His Gaze move to his chest and there I saw it.

Blood. His blood.

I gasp.

He falls to his knees in front of me. And right behind him was my ex lover with the dager in his hands.

Tears form in my eyes as I stare at those dark eyes burning with jealousy.

"What. Have. You. Done?" I stare at the man.

I fall to my knees. As I catch my love in my arms. He gasp in pain and I let the tears slip free.

I try to stop his bleeding covering his wound with my hand.

"Your okay." I say. My voice breaking.

He takes my hand in his. He gives me a fake smile.

"Please." I say. "Don't leave me."

I can't lose him. His all I have, his all I've ever wanted for all my life I have loved him. Since we were children. We were together for a lifetime. He can't leave because I've never been a day without him.

I sob as I stare into his eyes. I can see the life slowly slipping away from him.

"You were my first." I whisper placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "You always were since the beginning. I love you. Endlessly."

He smiles. "You... You are... The only woman I have.. Ever loved. And even after death... I will continue loving.... You. Endlessly."

I let a cry slip free as I see his smile slowly fading and his eyes going cold.

"No.." I whisper. "Your all I have. I love you. Please."

The pain makes my chest ache as I hold the love of my life in my arms.

His gone. Taken away from me.

I press my forehead against his. The pain is to much.

"Get up." I hear the monster say.

I look up.

"No!" I shout. "You never loved me. And I will never love you."

I grab my dager from my boot and push it into my chest. I gasp.

I will not live without him. It will kill me.

I hear my heart beat slowing and the pain disappearing.

I can be with the one I've always wanted to be with and this time I will choose him. Because I love him.

I smile as the death took me away but in the arms of my true love.

Always make sure you choose the right person or you'll lose that person forever. Choose them before it's to late. Before you lose true love forever.