Prologue

Disclaimer - I do not own the series Wednesday or any of the characters. The only thing that i own is Hedwig, her family and friends, along with my additions to the story. Enjoy :D

—————

Hedwig Miller had learnt two lessons in her shortly lived life.

1. No one is coming to save you.

2. Being the good kid gets you nothing.

There was, however, one lesson she had yet to learn.

What feels like the end is often the beginning.

—————

Hedwig Miller was an outcast. A hybrid to be more specific. Her father was werewolf, an alpha of a pack near Jericho. Her mother was one of the few Hydes around Jericho at the time. Her parents met through her mother being a Hyde, her father had awakened the monster and her mother was bound to him, and through her undying loyalty they fell into their own twisted version of love. Hedwig was born shortly after on a blood moon.

Although the blood of a Hyde coursed through Hedwig's veins, it had yet to show itself completely. Instead it chose to leak through into her werewolf form which disfigured it and affected its behaviour during full moons. This left her struggling to find peace between the two sides of her.

Hedwig's hair was ghostly white, which she kept just above shoulders length, and she was pale to the point of looking ill. But thankfully for her she had her mother's icy blue eyes, that seemed to almost glow under certain lighting. Hedwig was also quite tall for her age and slightly scrawny due to her fathers awful hunting habits of over hunting then having barely anything to eat for periods of time.

Hedwig also had a younger sister, born six years after her, Blair Miller. She, like Hedwig, had their mother's striking blue eyes, but she also shared her mother's golden hair. And unlike Hedwig, the Hyde genes seemed to have skipped her over, much to Hedwig's eventual delight. Blair was everything to Hedwig. Her happiness. Her world. She'd take on a thousand armies to protect her sister. Blair took priority in Hedwig's eyes, and nothing would ever change that.

As Hedwig's younger sister came into the world it didn't take her long to realise how shitty of a father she actually had. It only grew worse as the two wolves grew older, although Hedwig always took the heavy blows for her sister... quite literally.

Everyone In the pack stayed out of pure fear. Her father's werewolf form towered over any other adult werewolf in the pack and his black fur made him a dark eclipse, sucking all light and hope wherever his towering form travelled. His blood red eyes could be seen even in the darkest of nights, their blazing colours either fueled your rage or your fear. But it didn't matter how you saw his eyes or how they made you feel. You wouldn't live to see another pair.

This also meant the pack was safe from normies who took a disliking to outcasts. Hedwig's father was a tale pilgrims would tell their kids so they would behave and not stray too far from home.

'You better not stray too far.' The normie parents would say. 'Or the Shadow Man will get you.'

Hedwig's mother was the opposite of her father. As far as she remembered. Hedwig used to count down the seconds until she returned home from hunting or the local market. Her father never harmed her when she was around. Even in her Hyde form, Hedwig never feared her.

Hedwig's mother walked out shortly after Blair was born, she couldn't take it anymore. Being under someone else's control would drive anyone mad. The day her mother walked out was as if she walked off the edge of the world. No one in the pack had heard from or even seen her ever again.