Woe What a Night

The next morning Hedwig awoke with a hand on her face. Feeling bold she kissed the palm assuming it was Wednesday's, when she felt a stitch on her lips she jumped out of her skin. Thing hopped off of her face and apologised before sitting on Wednesday's bed instead.

Hedwig's jolt had woken Wednesday up, and she looked to see herself still in the wolf's arms. Both were still fully dressed and on top of the covers. The two girls looked at each other for a moment before Hedwig spoke up.

"So...are we together now?" "I kissed you last night and that's the first thing you ask me?" Wednesday said in disbelief. "So we are?" Hedwig asked. Wednesday sighed "if you'll have me." Hedwig nodded excitedly but before she could say anything she was interrupted.

"You guys kissed?!" Enid squealed from her bed. Both girls snapped their heads towards Enid and quickly scrambled to opposite sides of the bed. "Possibly" Hedwig said a little stunned. "Who initiated it? I really don't have five dollars to spare." Enid asked, very intrigued.

"Five dollars?" Wednesday looked as if she was about to strangle the poor girl. "Enid, go ask Yoko for the five dollars." Hedwig said quickly. Enid's mouth was open in shock as she pointed at Wednesday. Hedwig nodded slightly blushing and the blonde ran off straight to Yoko's dorm, stumbling over herself as she left. Muffled yells of glee could be heard over her thundering footsteps down the halls.

Immediately after the door slammed Wednesday turned to Hedwig. "I want to go to the morgue this week." Hedwig was taken aback by her sudden request. "Uhhh...sure. When?" Wednesday thought for a moment, weighing out the pros and cons of each day. "Thursday. I'm on a tight leash with Principal Weems at the moment." 

"So, how are we going to pull this off?" Hedwig asked. Wednesday beckoned Thing over and they all began to devise a plan.
—————
The rest of the week went by as usual. The classes were brain numbing, Hedwig copying Wednesday's botany work, and Enid being too excited about Hedwig and Wednesday's newly found relationship (which was being kept between the three of them. With Yoko figuring it out after the first day.) The two of them were becoming way to competitive during fencing, with Hedwig also showing Wednesday some old techniques. It became routine that the werewolf would often watch Wednesday during her writing time and even getting to read certain sections.

In the nights she would help Hedwig understand Thing better too. The appendage and wolf were actually having decent conversations now, and Wednesday couldn't help but steal glances at them from her typewriter. It made her shrivelled black heart happy to see the effort Hedwig was putting in for her.

—————

The night before the trip to the morgue Hedwig and Enid returned into the dorm late afternoon. Hedwig had detention for talking back to Miss Thornhill and Enid had returned from the Weathervane.

"Hey Wednesday!" Enid cheerfully greeted as she skipped up to Wednesday. Wednesday looked up at her unimpressed as she had interrupted her writing time. "What?" Wednesday's stare was harsh, but it softened as she glanced behind the bubbly werewolf to see Hedwig."We were wondering if you wanted a girls night. Since we all haven't really hung out properly together." Hedwig said. A small smile on her lips. Wednesday gave a small nod "I'll finish up this chapter and I'll join you."

It took Wednesday a lot longer than she had liked to finish writing. Enid and Hedwig were bickering. Again. Over what to do for the night.

Enid picked up her laptop and swung around to Hedwig excitedly. "Oh, I know! We could-" "We are not watching anymore Barbie movies" Hedwig's face was contorted in disgust. "Awww why?" Enid whined. "Because Wednesday will throw herself off of the balcony if she even watches five minutes of that shit." Hedwig stated. "I might do that anyway." Wednesday appeared behind Hedwig and laced an arm around the taller girl's waist. Hedwig patted her hand gently "Enid wants to watch this stupid movie about a plastic lady." Enid gasped and put a hand over her heart. "How dare you mock my favourite movies like that." The two sisters began bickering again. Wednesday rolled her eyes and walked to Hedwig's bed. After sharing a dorm with that two girls for a good amount of time Wednesday had found many ways to stop them from arguing. Wednesday rummaged under Hedwig's bed and she pulled out a random board game and cleared her throat to get the girls attention.