The Red Thread Tightens

A/N: Despite his misgivings Dain forms a close friendship with Kairos the year passes them by. However it proves difficult meeting her and pulling the wool over the eyes of his fellow knights and the royal court. However this time he's not able to sneak away. Hope you like the song for IstaDain~!

Important: Oh um quick tidbit. Because she has so many names and aliases I'll be using the name "Inanna the Gypsey" when Ista is with Dain in public. Especially since we don't know her canon name beyond her alias such as Kairos, Tokoyo Ookami, Ad Oblivion, ect. here. Inanna was another name for the Middle Eastern goddess of fertility & war, Ishtar. Ishtar's symbols were doves and lions. 

As for Pierro? We don't know his real name either but I'll be naming him "Tyr" until the day comes we finally know his real name(I'll laugh if in fact it is Tyr or Odin that is his name). Tyr is the Norse god of justice & treaties. I think this is appropriate after what I learned from Wanderer Interlude.

.......................................................

"Where are you going?"

For almost half the year now the young knight captain had been finding time and excuses to sneak away. It was getting to the point the rumors began to spread across the capital city. It was especially bad with the nobles, alchemists, and mages. Just recently Rhinedottir or the "Golden Alchemist" they called her was getting suspicious with the way he always came back with those dove feathers fastened to his sword hilt. The very dove feathers that Ishtar would give him before he left the meadow. But the one that made him feel the most caution was the royal mage himself, acting as King Irmin's eyes and ears. Unfortunately as he was trying to sneak away from his office that was who stood before him.

The Royal Court Mage, Lord Tyr. He was not a bad looking man even for somebody in their aging and graying features. He held himself with dignity and a scary air of authority that left no room for arguments. In his prime he must have been quite the stunning gentleman. After all he had landed himself that beautiful wife and even had a son that was all grown up. Said son had returned with a pet snow white owl all the way from Snezhnaya. The young man had been visiting that frigid north a lot lately. Always returning with a look of distant longing, looking at some picture in a locket. With a sigh Dainslief froze and turned around keeping a stoic face he had grown known for.

"What do you need Tyr? I'm in a hurry and need to go out on patrol."sighed Dainslief, resting his hand on his sword hilt.

"Let the other serpent knights handle the matter."dismissed the mage, crossing his arms sternly. "You've been neglecting her documents, the king isn't happy."

"Why should I care? My priority is the safety of the citizens."countered Dainslief coldly. Watching the older man force him right into his office, forcing him to sit down at his desk. With purpose setting his ink bottle and writing quill down in front of him. Dainslief letting out a grunt of discomfort. What is with mages and their use of magic this way!? Did they get some twisted kink out being this forceful!? It made his blood boil.

"Oh you will care. Especially since his majesty has been gracious enough to help you find a suitor. So you will do your job and finish this paperwork that needs your attention."scolded Tyr sternly. Dainslief practically glaring daggers as Tyr bid him farewell, closing the door behind him.

"For the love of Yggdrasil!! That man infuriates me!"he growled smacking his head against the desk. This was the third time the damn king was setting him up to meet one of the daughters of the noble clans. Each time resulting in him making a woman cry or angry as he once again broke their hearts. How was it these ladies still chased after him like hungry sea monsters? They were always doing the chasing.