Surging Waves (Matt)

"Do you think this is cute?" I asked my best friend through face time, showing her my white bikini then a white swimsuit dress to top it.

"How many times are you going to ask?" She yelled, "You look perfect, Y/N!"

"I'm sorry," I whined, shaking, "I'm just super nervous!"

Tonight, I was going out on a date. The first date I've had in ages and it wasn't with just any guy. It was Matt Jackson, who I had the biggest crush on and we were going to the beach. 

My first date? On the beach? I HAD to look good and anxiety kept coming after me.

"Look, girl. Take a deep breath, stop worrying and go have some fun for crying out loud!" She yelled at me and I was listening, but getting distracted whenever I heard knocking on my door. 

"Sorry, but it's time for me to go. Thanks for the words of wisdom. I appreciate it!" I smiled, hanging up the phone.

Quickly, I fixed my dress and rounded up my stuff, opening the door to find Matt.

There was a bright smile on his face when I opened the door, his eyes looking me up and down, liking what he saw.

"Someone's ready for the beach," Matt smiled, and that alone was ready to make me blush.

"The beach better be ready for me," I giggled, walking out the door, "You still want to surf, right?"

"Definitely!" He acknowledged, "Try and keep up with me, though."

"Try and keep up with me!" I laughed back, "You're not the only one who knows how to surf."

On my way to the beach, some music helped calm me down, raising my spirits even more because I was happy and beyond excited, but everyone is a little nervous on a first date right?

Since we were in Jacksonville, it did make sense to have some time on the beach. The weather is beautiful and being outdoors is always fun, so why not the beach? My friend was so right, just being myself and not thinking about everything too much made everything so much easier.

As soon as we got to the beach and set up, I was ready to surf. Matt was still sitting on a towel whenever I hopped up, throwing off my dress to reveal my bikini and grabbed my surf board.

"Ready to hit the waves?" I smiled, but my heart began to flutter, looking down to see Matt's tongue darting at his lower lip.

I gripped onto my board tight, trying not to smile to hard whenever he threw off his sunglasses, giving me this sexy look that immediately gave me a rush, smiling, "Born ready."

"Beat ya there!" I laughed, running off to the ocean, Matt right behind me the entire time.

Like always, being in the ocean was so much fun and surfing made that even better. The waves were perfect too and we caught every one, being goofy with one another, 'surfboard fighting' as Matt called it. We were having a very true connection and it was amazing.

Time definitely flies whenever you're having fun because we were there for hours. Between our surf sessions, food and just goofing off, it was the best date I ever had.

It was about sunset and I was still out surfing, hearing Matt yell:

"Okay, surf queen! You have me beat!" 

I was laughing when I saw Matt on the shore, laying flat on his back with his surfboard on top of him. I definitely had him beat, hitting one more wave and riding it out as close to the shore as I could. I got caught up in some water, but when I got to the shore, my board was in hand, slicking my hair back whenever I was walking over to Matt.