9

Hi everyone! Thank you all so much for your patience. I had to take a break to deal with a medical emergency, but I'm back now and uploading again on Monday's ❤️

Enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think ❤️

---------------------------------------------

The Sainte family is overpowering. They're all headstrong and determined. They know exactly what they want, and will argue until they get it. They'll voice their opinions about anything and everything. It's admirable, really. It's just... not what I'm used to. They tried to include me as best as they could, but it's hard to be heard when they're so domineering.

I wasn't exactly ready to start wedding planning. It feels too early. It hasn't even been a week yet. I understand why they do it, though. A Sainte wedding is big in itself, but when it's the boss? Huge. It could take months to plan. They want to get started as soon as possible. It's only been general brainstorming so far. Nothing will be set in stone until we become engaged — officially. That's when the real planning will start. Deadlines will be set and a date will be chosen. Invites will be sent out, and the whole family will know I'm expected to be the next Regina.

Marriages happen quickly in this family. When we've chosen our own partner, engagement usually happens in the first 6 months. When it's pre-arranged? It could be a matter of weeks. It's a formality. It's to show that both parties approve of the coupling, and intend to proceed to matrimony.

I'll have to make a decision about Valentino before he proposes to me. Right now, I'm inclined to say yes, but I have to be aware that saying yes to him, isn't just agreeing to a marriage. It's agreeing to run this family. And also, I would never say yes to someone who doesn't show up for me.

Valentino never came to dinner. He didn't come to get me from the room or send anything up to me. He didn't even send someone over to tell me he wasn't coming. I just sat here, on my own, waiting for him to show up. I ended up heading downstairs myself, but I was quickly stopped by a security guard. He brought me right back to the room and left me there with a packet of ramen.

I don't know if he was too busy to send me a message or if he just forgot about me, but I'm not happy with either of those things. It would take him 2 seconds to send his men up to let me know he wouldn't be making it. That's all. But he didn't even do that.

He didn't come to bed, either. He wasn't there when I fell asleep or when I woke up. And I'm a light sleeper. If he came to bed at all, I would've woken up.

Now it's a brand new day. The sun is shining and the sky is clear. I want to enjoy it, but I'm stuck inside feeling sour. We're back to where we started — with Valentino acting cold and leaving me confused.

I can't believe I was thinking about having sex with him yesterday. I feel like an idiot. It hasn't even been 24 hours, and I'm sitting here sulking on the couch with a cat on my lap, eating saltines for breakfast like an old spinster. It's pathetic. I'm only 27. I'm young and hot. Any man would be lucky to have me.

As if on cue, the door opens. Whiskey stirs in her sleep, looking up to see Valentino step into the room. He's still in the same clothes he wore yesterday. His hair is dishevelled and there are bags under his eyes. His brows furrow when he sees me.

"What are you doing here?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" I scowl. "Am I not supposed to be?"

"No, it's fine. I just..." he shrugs his shoulders. Nice. He definitely forgot.

"I didn't see you last night."

"I was busy," he heads into the bedroom, but I keep talking.

"Too busy to go to bed?"