17

"Welcome back!" my sister Aurora greets us at the front door, her arms wide open. she's followed by the rest of my family, as well as Valentino's.

"What are you doing here?" I embrace her in a tight hug. I didn't think I'd be seeing her for a few more days — at least not until we handle everything with the Sokolov's. Our plane has only just landed.

"I can't believe you're engaged," she lifts my hand up to her face, eyeing the diamond on my finger. "It's so big!"

"Let me have a look," my mum joins in, taking in the jewellery. "Oh, it's beautiful."

"Right?" I glance over at Valentino. He's already watching me, a proud smile on his face. My grin widens. I'm so lucky. I get to be with the man of my dreams and all he wants is me. "It was so romantic. He did such a good job."

"You're going to have to tell us all the detail!" Aurora gushes. "I want to know everything about your trip!"

"I will, I'll tell you soon."

"Let's talk about it over lunch, huh?" Sofia ushers us further into the house. Her eyes land on me. "We're so excited to have you as part of our family, Bianca. We were so thrilled when Valentino told us the news."

"I'm glad to hear that," I smile. "I feel very lucky."

"You did well, son," Salvatore throws his arm over Valentino's shoulder. "She'll be good for you and the family."

"She's the one," he nods, his eyes still glued to me. He leans over, pulling me into his chest and pressing a firm kiss on my forehead. I wrap my arm around his waist. I love being so close to him. I never want to be apart again. I basically want to attach myself to him at this point. I can't get enough. I just can't.

The family have decked the table with a full-blown buffet. It's filled with a feast of different dishes, each typical of Italian cuisine. The whole room smells of garlic and tomatoes. I'm glad I didn't eat anything on the plane. I have to reign myself in now, too. I can't get too full. I've got to leave enough room to be stuffed with something else later.

It doesn't look like that's going to be a problem, though. I'm bombarded with questions before I even get to take my first bite.

"So, how did it happen?" Aurora asks. "Did you see it coming? Did he surprise you?"

"Where were you?" Catarina joins in. "Was it in Sicily, or was it Rome?"

"It was a surprise," I tell them, but Valentino disagrees.

"Well, you knew it was coming," he turns to his family. "She found the ring a few days beforehand."

"Oh god, how did that happen?" Catarina asks.

"It was my fault. I was snooping," I explain.

"You were just looking for toothpaste," Valentino laughs. "I should've hidden it better."

"No, I like how it happened," I place my hand on his leg. "I was still so surprised when it happened. I started crying the second you started walking."

"What did he say?" Aurora questions. "We need details!"

"I told her how much I admire her, and how much I respect her," he glances my way. "and how lucky I would be to have her as my wife."

"Aww!" my sister coos.

"I simply told her the truth," he states. I tear my eyes away from him. I can't handle it. My heart is about to explode.

"We have to get married soon," is all I say. "As soon as possible."