24

Last chapter, guys!!! I hope you enjoy 🥰 I'll be back online in a few days replying to your comments and posting a big thank you! Love you guys ❤️❤️

---------------------------------------

The hairstylist secures the bottom of my braid with a hair tie, replicating my hairstyle on the first night I met Valentino. She brings the rest of my hair to the front, neatly resting the curls over my shoulders. She steps back to let the makeup artist, Selena, work her magic. Most of it is already done. My lashes are on, and my lips are toned a dark red. My cheeks are contoured to perfection. The make-up artist adds a layer of finishing spray, making sure the products will stay in place all night. It needs to. It's going to be a long one.

"Alright, all done," Selena takes a step back, admiring her work. "How about you, Sara?"

"Almost..." she plumps my curls one more time, testing their bounce. "Perfect."

"So, what do you think, Ms Baldessano? Do you like it?"

"I love it," I smile. I look flawless — even better than I did last time. Not a strand of hair is out of place. I've never had my make-up professionally done, but I wish I had. It doesn't feel heavy and it looks so good. I didn't think it was possible to look this air-brushed, like I belong in a magazine.

Selena places my shoes at the base of my chair, helping me slip into them as I get up. These heels are a lot more comfortable than my old pair, too. They were also much more expensive. They match my dress perfectly, but they won't be visible anyway. This dress is so gorgeous, I couldn't have dreamed of anything better. It's exactly what I wanted — a dark red silk ballgown, strapless with a sweetheart neckline. It's simple, yet elegant. Valentino bought me the most beautiful diamond necklace to go with it. I can't wait to see him. I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes away from the mirror if it wasn't for him. I already know he's downstairs, waiting for me to join him in the lobby. I'm not even nervous about tonight. I just want to see him.

"I'm ready," I tell the girls. "Is it time yet?"

"Of course, Ms Baldessano," Sara hurries towards the door. She pulls them open for me. "Security will follow you down."

"Fantastic. Thank you very much," I give both women a police smile, grateful for their help tonight. My sister would not be calm enough to do my make-up. She's already called me three times, freaking out.

I head towards the staircase, walking through the hallways as I've done every day for the past few weeks. But this time, it's different. I try to walk slower, not just for my own safety, but to take my time to enjoy it. If I don't cherish this moment, I'll regret it. This is the last time I'll be in this house more or less anonymously — with no formal authority or responsibility. After tonight, everyone will know who I am and why I'm here. Those who frequent the compound already have their suspicions, but this will solidify everything. People will start looking to me for direction, and I'll be expected to give it to them.

I start making my way down the stairs, taking it one step at a time. I hold on to the hand railing, the base of my dress dragging behind me. The nerves finally start to hit me, but they're not strong enough to overpower my excitement. My heart is racing. I can't wait to start the next stage of my life with Valentino. I can't wait.

The sight of the water finally reaches my eyes, the pool illuminated by the lights surrounding it. It's perfectly dim and romantic, just as it was the night we met. Valentino finally comes into view, the man of my dreams neatly dressed in a tuxedo, standing beside the pool with anticipation on his face. His lips pull into a smile as soon as he sees me. He eyes me up and down, taking in the sight before him. He can't look away. His expression is filled with awe.