MSMC Bk 3 - Chapter 5

Chapter 5-Nessa & Annalisa learn about the MSMC

Annalisa's POV

When we first pulled up to the compound, I was surprised at how big it looked from the outside. More like a motel than an actual house and I was worried about what we've gotten ourselves into. That fear increased as we walked through the front door. "It's a bar!" I thought to myself and turned to look at Eagle, who had an uneasy look on his face. I shot him a look that said "I'm NOT bringing my daughter up in a bar!" but then Nessa said "Calm down. Give it a chance." I nodded my head but I wasn't pleased with the situation.

Dixie was obviously showing off her status in the club when she yelled for a "prospect" to bring 7 cups of coffee to the living room and then began leading us through the "bar" and down a hallway to a large living room that looked something like a mix between a family living room and a hotel lobby.

She introduced everyone, even the children and explained who belonged to who and after hearing how we had come to be at the clubhouse, began to tell us some of the history of the club and how it operates. I'm sure there's a lot more to it all but I guess we'll learn more over time, IF I decide to stay here. At this point, I'm not really sure about all of this other than I want to be with Eagle.

Over the past two days, he had somehow worked his way in to begin knocking down the walls I had built up after Dennis had destroyed my life, my heart and my ability to trust. The only thing that had kept me going for the last year and a half was Carmella. And for her, I felt like I was going to have to make some really hard choices soon but I am determined that I will do what is right for her, no matter what it costs me!

When Hulk and Eagle came to collect us and take us up to see where we would be sleeping, both Nessa and I began to realize just how big this place was. The second floor of the rooms seemed to go on forever.

We came to Hulk and Nessa's room first and I heard her say "Geez! This room is just for us? It's huge! Hell, both mine and Annalisa's apartments would fit in here!" before their bedroom door closed behind them.

"Come on. We are two more doors down at the end. I have a corner room which means I have a larger room and more windows." He said as we finally reached his door. He pulled out a key and unlocked the door then pushed it open and let me go in first. Like Nessa, I had to stop just inside the doorway and was amazed at how large the room actually was. Eagle stood by the door as he watched me walk around and investigate the room that would be our home for a while. The walls and curtains were a bit dark for my tastes as they were painted a midnight blue as well as the curtains but it was a nice room.

There was a huge, king size bed in the middle of one wall with nice matching bedside tables on either side, all done in a dark cherry wood. There was a seating area near the floor to ceiling french door windows that led onto a private balcony on one side that overlooked the front of the property. The seating area had a full size sofa and two large recliners, a coffee table and a couple of tables between the chairs and at one end of the sofa where a book lay as if he had been reading and had laid it there until he could get back to it.

There was also a large dresser with a large flat screen TV on top of it. And a very nice upholstered bench at the foot of the bed done in a light blue velvet. The comforter on the bed was done in dark royal blue with a black diagram quilted on to it, making it look very rich and impressive.

On the wall opposite the french doors there were two other doors. Behind one was a walk-in closet that was bigger than my apartment living room and kitchen combined back in Tulsa but there were hardly any clothes in it.