MSMC Bk 3 - Chapter 18

Chapter 18-Thanksgiving

Rooster's POV

All of the women were checked over at the hospital and except for Josey and Diane, were taken home to their families. Josey was checked and had to have surgery on her rectum to repair the tears she had gotten from being brutally sodomized by the Cobra's. She was going to have to spend a couple of weeks in the hospital recovering.

Diane did have a severe concussion but eventually recovered almost all of her memories, even the ones of the past two weeks. She woke up and was terrified of everything but thankfully, Josey was still in the hospital and was able to comfort her and along with a local therapist, they were able to bring her back around.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Dixie has been pushing everyone to help decorate the clubhouse and I have to admit, it does look nice inside but I can just imagine the mess it's going to be to clean up. She had the prospects collect real leaves from in the woods and had scattered them all over the place. She had almost emptied the grocers box of pumpkins and had the feed store deliver I don't even know how many bales of straw to make decorations with and there was even a scarecrow man and woman sitting on a bale of straw on the front porch with old cuts on.

The men had been training like mad the past two weeks, I think mostly to get out of Dixie's decorating assignments but she threatened to stop cooking for them if they didn't get their jobs done. But the upside to the training was that the prospects were really getting good at some of the things we were preparing them for. Steven, whom I had been the most stumped to find a road name for, seemed to be becoming Circuit's shadow and Circuit had reported to me that he was actually pretty good at hacking and learned fast.

The women have been cooking for days, making all kinds of treats. The caterers will be dropping off our holiday meal tomorrow at 1 pm and Annalisa's father was going to be joining us and she was so excited. He was going to be staying with them for 4 whole days and she seemed so happy. Carmella had even learned to say "Papa" but I don't think she knows who she's talking about yet.

All of the ladies had decided that they HAD TO HAVE new dresses and had spent a whole day in Dallas shopping. I was dreading the bill from that excursion. They also insisted that everyone clean up their cuts and boots and were ordered to wear their newest jeans and button down shirts, instead of just t-shirts tomorrow.

I just hope that nothing goes wrong but something was bugging me, like I had forgotten to do something important but just couldn't figure out what it was. I went through my list of "things to do" and I had checked off all of them.

The lawyers had arranged for Eagle to adopt Carmella and they had signed the papers but we were still waiting for the notarized copies to come back from the court.

The week after we had gotten back from Deacon was Scotty Nelson's funeral. Eagle had found out where his mother was buried, had his death certificate corrected and the whole club drove down for the funeral. We gave him a biker's burial parade and carried him to the burial site in one of our vans. Eagle, Boomer, Hunter and I were the pallbearers for his tiny little coffin. The minister that conducted the burial said really nice things about Scotty, I think the lady that had lived next door had a lot to do with that. We all threw flowers on top of his tiny little casket and I don't think there was a totally dry eye in the whole cemetery. The house was very solemn that night.

Several members are making noise about letting the sweet butts come around more than just on the weekends and all of the old ladies agreed so long as they stayed in the bar and not come around until after the children are asleep. Granted the only child that is old enough to be aware of who is around and is really around all the time is Crystal but they agreed to make sure that any sweet butt that was caught upstairs before 8 pm would be banned from the house for 60 days and more than one offense would get them banned for good and the member would have to pay a fine.