MSMC Bk 3 - Chapter 20

Chapter 20-Boxer refuses the cage match

Rooster's POV

As soon as everyone was settled in the meeting room and the door was closed, I called everyone to order. "Settle down guys. I'm afraid we've got another snake problem lurking. Hopefully we can make it through the holidays in peace but I'm not going to take any chances.

Earlier today, Boxer got a call from his former fight manager asking if he was willing to enter a cage match with a boxer he's never heard of before for a large amount of money. As many of you heard, it upset Tiana very much and since then, because of some information we turned up about the other fighter, he has changed his mind about doing it.

We did some amature sleuthing about this other fighter and found out that he's a Cobra and his manager asked for Boxer by name. The other fighter's name is Romero Fernandez and he's had 10 fights this year alone in which he's killed 2 of his opponents. Apparently he goes into a rage and no one can stop him once he gets going. We've talked to Boxer's manager and he said that the call came out of the blue and that the manager, a man he does not know, asked for Boxer specifically.

Boxer, did Randy say if he asked for you as Boxer or by your legal name?" It had just occurred to me and I looked at Boxer who shrugged and said "Give me a minute and I'll find out." Boxer pulled his cell phone out and gave Randy another call.

"Randy, it's me again. When that manager called and asked for me, what name did he use?" Boxer asked.

"He asked for Boxer." Randy said, and it apparently had not dawned on him either that the only way he could have known that was if he was part of the biker world because Boxer didn't use his road name around the fight club.

"Thanks Randy. I'll talk to you later." Boxer said and hung up. "He asked for Boxer. Now I know this is MSMC club related because I didn't use my road name around the fight club. No one there besides Randy knows my road name is Boxer. This has got to have something to do with either our last rescue mission or with Tiana. They must have put two and two together and figured out how we found out about that house."

Everyone could tell that Boxer was very worried now. His legs began to bounce and he couldn't seem to sit still.

"I know I'm saying this to the wall but calm down Boxer. We're going into lock down. No one is going to get to any of our women. Remember, Tiana is not the only one that the Cobra's have damaged or been the reason we have some of our women."

"I know. I just don't like it when I can't be with her when there is a threat to her life." Boxer said.

"I know. Well, hopefully everyone has finished their Christmas shopping because I would say there are not going to be any more trips to Dallas or even Wichita Falls for now until we know what the Cobra's next move is going to be. Boxer, if you hear anything more from Randy, make sure you let me know right away. For now, I think we are going to make ourselves as ready as possible for any attack. I'm going to leave it up to those of you that have homes off property to stay here or go home but I'd really feel better if you are here. I know the women are going to want one more trip to the store for supplies like toilet paper and diapers so there will be at least 10 men going with them in addition to our largest trucks to make sure we can haul stuff back. I'm really hoping that Dixie will be able to order what we need and get it delivered but I'm not going to hold my breath."

"So for now, we're not canceling the Christmas party?" Eagle asked. He had joined us just after the meeting started.

"No! I wouldn't dream of even suggesting that to the women. Hell, I'll take on the Cobra's alone before I would even think about doing something like that. They would skin me alive!" Rooster joked but in reality he was dead serious. The women had been working so hard to get the clubhouse ready for the occasion and there was no way he was going to put a damper on their plans unless there was an actual attack pending. For now, this situation was aimed at one couple in our club but for the women's safety, their men were going to be extra alert to any dangers that might come at them or the club.