001

Avanna was slumped over, her back against the back of the fold out arm chair she was sitting in

Avanna was slumped over, her back against the back of the fold out arm chair she was sitting in. she scrolled through instagram while she listened to the sounds of her friends voices near her.

her friends had invited her to hangout, not telling her exactly who all would be there. she was anxious being around everyone, but was comfortable due to the fact she was around her friends.

she turned her phone off, hearing the lock sound before looking up at the people around her. she saw her boyfriend, dani, talking to some guys that she didn't recognize. her eyes moved over to one of her closest friend, eva, seeing she was also sitting down.

"yo, what's up, anna?" avannas head turned when she heard her friend notti call her name. "hi, notti."

she watched him sit down next to her, "why you not talking to nobody?"

she shrugged her shoulders, giving him the simple answer that there wasn't a reason. she enjoyed staying to herself, and she didn't like how most of the people around her was loud.

notti nodded his head, not wanting to pressure to into talking to anyone. he knew she had anxiety, and wasn't comfortable just going up to anyone and starting a conversation with them. "ight, imma go talk to ddot."

"okay." she mumbled, watching him stand up and walk over to ddot. the two made eye contact as notti sat next to him, before he turned his head to his friend. she hadn't noticed that ddot had been watching her and nottis entire encounter.

she felt someone's presence next to her, before she felt and arm snake around her shoulders. she turned her head to see her boyfriend sitting in the seat notti had just sat in. "you good?" he asked her, noticing she had been alone half the time they had been there.

she gave him a small smile, nodding her head to let him know she was fine.

darrians head had turned back to avanna the second he saw daniel walking over to her, and his face scrunched up as he walked her smile while they conversed. he only turned his head back to notti when he heard him laugh, "what?" he mugged his friend.

"yo ass is so jealous." notti pointed, laughing at his friend.

for as long as notti could remember, ddot claimed he didn't like avanna, but he'd never tell anyone why. notti never believed that he didn't like her, he just thought he was jealous because he wasn't in daniels place, and anyone could agree with notti, even when ddot would say they were wrong.

ddot smacked his teeth, "bro, what?"

notti patted his shoulder, "it's ight, ddot." he teased, chuckling when ddot shrugged his hand off and rolled his eyes. "i'm not jealous bro, hop off."

notti only put his hands up in a surrender, "whatever you say, bro."

nottis head turned back to anna, watching as she looked directly at dani while he talked to her. he side eyed ddot, seeing he had also turned to look at her again, and smiled. he didn't understand why his friend would rather pretend to hate the girl, than make some sort of friendship with her.