012

ever since avanna got dragged along to a party, gotten drunk and almost kissed darrian, he felt as if he didn't have to keep his act up anymore

ever since avanna got dragged along to a party, gotten drunk and almost kissed darrian, he felt as if he didn't have to keep his act up anymore. he thought that she didn't remember almost kissing him, so he wasn't worried about it being awkward between the two of them, but avanna did in fact remember. she remembered small parts of that night, that being one of them.

she wondered why she wanted to kiss him that kiss him that night, and if it was just because she was drunk. she pretended that she didn't remember it when she was around the boy, not wanting things to become awkward again and also because he never brought it up.

she had talked to eva, though. she felt like she had to talk to somebody, who could hopefully give her advice on what she was maybe feeling and what she should do. she knew she could talk to eva about it, as she didn't gossip and kept all of the rest of her secrets.

eva had told her that avanna probably had feelings for darrian, and that she should ask herself if she does or not. she told her that 'drunk words are sober thoughts' meaning, whenever avanna got all upset that ddot had moved her when she was ready to kiss him, meant she would've gotten upset sober, as well.

avanna felt like it was too much to think about, getting over her breakup with daniel and now wondering if she had feelings for darrian.

she kept eva's words in her mind anytime she was around him, catching herself glancing at him or smiling whenever he would laugh, or getting nervous when he would go up to her to speak to her. it wasn't much different than how she'd always been towards him, but now there was just feelings involved. the way she acted reminded herself of right before her and dani got together, and a big part of her knew that she liked ddot, but another part of her didn't want to except it just yet.

for some reason, she was afraid. she didn't know of what, she just was. maybe she was scared of rejection, due to all the times darrian had acted like he didn't like her, but she remembered what he had told her at her house the night she was drunk. 'i would've kissed you any other time.'

avanna, who was sitting next to david around the block from her house, let out a sigh and put her head down. david, who heard it and turned to make sure his friend was okay, narrowed his eyes. "you good, anna?"

eva, who was sitting next to the two teenagers, also turned her head to her friend. unlike dd, she knew what was stressing out avanna, and a small smirk came to her face. she listened as anna told david she was fine, while eva looked ahead at darrian who was pushing notti for grabbing the blunt out of his hands.

darrian, david and ethan had just finished filming their music video and headed over to eva and avanna who were in the middle of a conversation, sitting on some stairs

"you could hand me that, my heart?" notti asked avanna to hand her the water bottle that was sat behind her, and she did.

she looked up, watching notti hand dd the water bottle after him, before going over to sit next to eva, and turned to see ddot already looking down at her.

she gave him a small smile, noticing how his face was scrunched like he was thinking, but let out a sign when she smiled.

darrian could tell something was off about her and him, he didn't know what, and it was bothering him.

"yo, come here real quick." he told her, walking away while waving his hand for her to follow him.

avanna and eva glanced at each other, making the other two boys next to them confused and feeling like they were missing something. she stood to her feet, jogging to catch up with ddot. "yeah?"

the two walked a little far away, before he stopped and turned to her. "what's goin on with you?"

she furrowed her eyebrows, "nothing?"

he shook his head, "don't lie to me, ma."

her heart beat sped up at the nickname, but let out a breath as she didn't know if she should tell him the truth or not.

he noticed how she was thinking, "jus say it, avanna."

she sighed, "what'd you mean, when you were at my house and you said you'd kiss me any other time?"

he was surprised that she had remembered, but wondered why that was bothering her. "you were drunk, that's like taking advantage of you, or some shit."

she nodded her head in understanding, looking down at her.

"and i would've, kissed you any other time." he told her, watching her lift her head.

she didn't know what to say, how to respond. she was nervous, and ddot noticed it. he liked the affect he had on her.

"why is that bothering you, though?" he asked, knowing she wasn't going to speak much as she was nervous.

she sighed, "i don't know, i'm just confused."

"confused about what?" he squinted his eyes.

"you, and how i'm feeling." she told him, bitting the inside of her lip.

a smirk came to his face, putting the pieces tightly with what she was saying. "you feelin me, anna?"

she looked up at him again, noticing his smirk she rolled her eyes. "i don't know." she mumbled.

he lifted her chin with his hand, making them make eye contact. "i'm feelin you."

avanna always knew ddot bold, he said how he felt, but she was becoming more nervous with how bold he was being. a smile came to her face, though. she was hearing the words she wanted to hear.