Chapter 10. I'm not in love with Sam

Once I had gotten home my dad was furious. “And you just let her?” He shouted at Alice. “Oh come on Edward she is a teenager now.” Alice had said.

I was just sulking on the sofa. “Hasn’t anyone asked what I want?” I yelled above everyone. They all froze silently looking at me shocked.

“But Renesmee you can’t possibly go. What about our plan? You aren’t going to be in town on Saturday.” He said.

“Can’t we change the plan?” I asked. I already knew the answer but I was willing to risk it anyway.

“No we can’t just change the plan, Renesmee. We have been talking about this all week.” My dad said. He looked stressed.

My mom just sat on the sofa next to me biting her lip. “Edward maybe it is ok if Renesmee goes out on Saturday.” Mom suddenly said. Everyone looked at her.

“Yes.” Alice suddenly jumped up. “I seen it, I saw Sam.”She smiled. She sat on the arm of the sofa next to me.

“Jacob isn’t going to hurt Renesmee if she goes to the movies. Jacob thinks that Renesmee is going to be staying at the hotel we were going to put her in.” Alice said.

“How do you know this? You can’t see either of them.” Dad looked at Alice.

Alice looked impatient. Dad suddenly stopped looking stressed and smiled.

“Oh.”He said. Everyone looked at him anxiously.

“Come on spill the beans.”Mom said.

“Yes, Renesmee can go to the movies with Sam.” He said. I started bouncing up and down.

“But.”Mom said. I didn’t know that there would be a but

“But one of us has to come with you.”He looked at me. I was horrified. “No way.”I yelled. I looked at mom for help but she was looking from dad to Alice.

“Well, one of us can be there with you. Not with you but in the same place to make sure you don’t get hurt.”Dad said.

“I’ll do it.”Esme volunteered. I was still horrified. I started crying. Esme came to my side in a flash.

“Hang on.”Alice said. A few seconds later she said. “No one needs to protect Renesmee; Jacob is after Edward not Renesmee. He isn’t going to hurt her.” She said.

I was shocked and a little bit worried. Was Jacob really going to hurt my dad?

“I still think it is a good idea if Esme goes with Renesmee.”Dad said.

“Don’t worry sweetheart you won’t even know I am there.” She reassured me.

I wasn’t very happy to be going to the movies with my grandma. I’m not being mean but what would I say to Sam if he recognised her? Oh don’t worry Sam it’s only my grandma checking on me so no wolves will attack me. Yeah I doubted that would go down very well.

“Ok.” I said defeated. Esme just squeezed my arm. “You won’t even know I am here.” She repeated.

Dad had made a whole new plan that everyone was going to obey. I would be going to the movies as normal. Esme would be somewhere behind me keeping a look out and she would have her cell on her so dad could ring if he needed to and vice versa.