Chapter 8. Start of something new

The next morning I woke up and looked out of the window. The grass in the garden was frosty and sparkly. I shivered. It was cold for a late September morning.

I got dressed in my warmest clothes. Which were my knitted top and jeans then I joined my family downstairs. 'Morning Renesmee'. Mom said. 'Morning mom'. I said. I walked in the

kitchen and sat down. 'Are you looking forward to school?' Esme asked.

'No'. I shook my head. Esme laughed. 'Oh dear, I am sure it won't be that bad; Besides, you have Edward and Bella with you'. She said. I just nodded.

'Here is your breakfast'. Esme said putting the plate in front of me.

'Wow this looks amazing'. I said. It really did.

Esme had cooked me a full breakfast. Bacon, chips, sausage and tomatoes. I ate it pretty fast.

'Thanks Esme that was great'. I said getting up. 'Are you ready for school Renesmee'. Mom said from in the living room. 'No'. Esme shouted back winking at me. I giggled.

'Here'. She handed me a thermos. I lifted the lid and hot chocolate filled the air.

'Thanks Esme'. I said.

'No problem'. She smiled.

'Morning darling'. Carlisle came into the kitchen and wrapped his arms round Esme kissing her cheek.

'Yes, mom I am ready'. I shouted. Esme and Carlisle laughed at me.

'Ok Renesmee, you are driving to school today and if you drive today as well as you did yesterday... Then we will definitely pass you'. Dad said handing me the keys to the car.

'Thanks dad'. I jumped up and down squealing. Everyone laughed.

'But'. Dad said. I froze. 'But what'. I said.

'But keep your phone on you'. He said. I smiled 'Thanks dad'. He pulled me close to him. Wrapping his arms round me. After a few seconds I pulled away. We both looked down unsure what to do next. 'Ok lets go school then'. I said blushing. Mom touched my shoulder smiling.

She knew how hard it was for me after all that happened with Jacob. I was a little upset about Jacob. But I was trying to think positive. I had lost the love of my life but I had a wonderful caring family who loved me. I did love Jacob but if he wanted to fight with my family and make me choose. It would be my family any day, any time.

'Renesmee'.Dad said grabbing my arm as I turned away.'We want you to drive in front. So we can keep an eye on you'. He said. 'Sure dad'.I smiled.

I pulled out of the driveway in my car. I was so excited to call it my car. I could drive around now. Once I had definitely passed my test. I would drive slowly and carefully like I did yesterday. My parents and family would be driving behind me making sure everything was ok.

I checked my mirrors and adjusted what I needed. I tightened my seat belt and turned down the road. I could feel my family behind me. I shivered again turning my heating up a little bit. The car got warm quickly so i opened the window a little bit. Emmett was honking the horn of his car making me jump. I could hear him laughing and Rosalie was telling him off and so was dad.

When we arrived at the new school. I parked, got out and locked the car. Minutes later my family joined me.

The school was split into three buildings, all of them were orange bricked. Tall with tall glass windows. They looked old as well. Behind the school was a field and the front there was the parking lot and recption area. The reception area must of also been the main entrance because we were heading towards it.