Chapter 5. Double birthday party

. I hated how everyone was fussing over me. Alice and Hannah had made invitations and Hannah was handing them out in our lessons. The party was tonight. Then tomorrow we would be leaving.

The teachers didn't share the same enthusiasm as everyone else. In science we had to do an hour practice test with no talking. Hannah had to sit far away from me. The test was about photosynthesis to see how much we already knew. I didn't understand why I had to do it if I was leaving.

The rest of the lessons didn't get much better, the day was dragging on. I had another test in maths which again was pointless. It had different questions to do with different maths subjects. It was to see how we would do. I told the teacher I was moving but he still made me do the test and he gave me a warning for being cheeky. Annie giggled until I gave her a look. I didn't want her at the party and I gave Hannah and Alice strict instructions to not invite her, but since they invited everyone. Annie found out and has been talking about it since.

The rest of the day was pretty much the same, I had another test in maths. It was a simple practice test. I argued why I had to do this because I was moving away. Mr Chauson just sighed at me and told me if I didn't do as I was told I would have detention.

At lunch everyone was talking about the party. They all had their clothes sorted and they were arranging where to meet tonight. Alice was going to pick up my group of friends. She was doing hair and make up. So after school Alice would pick us all up except the boys and take them to our house, then me and Alice were going shopping, then she would pick the boys up around five.

The bell went for my next lesson. Art. I had this lesson with Annie and Hannah. We walked into the classroom, the tables had been doubled so four could sit round one, and we had stools to sit on. Miss Linkel did the register when everyone arrived. I sat on a table with Hannah, Dean, Chloe and one of Chloe's friends. We had to design a homepage for our art portfolio. I sighed again, why were the teachers making me do pointless things? Did they actually know I was leaving? I spent the lesson colouring in the words art. I did it slowly so it took the whole lesson, as well as colouring my name in. The teacher sighed at me and shook her head, at the end of the lesson.

Alice picked me Hannah, Chloe Mia and Kaitlin up. Mia and Kaitlin were Hannah's other friends from some of her lessons, I didn't know them but Alice didn't seem to mind. Annie also came and asked for a lift. Alice backed out the parking lot and left Annie frowning. We all giggled. Alice turned the radio onto a popular station. We all started singing and laughing. The weather was still quite warm even though it was the middle of September. The sky was blue but cloudy, Alice wound the window down.

When we got to my house, mom stood by the door waving, Jacob got into the car with me. Everyone else piled out. Esme announced the pie she had cooked and they all rushed into the kitchen.

Jacob

I was shopping with Alice and Renesmee, Jasper decided to come. To keep Alice company. We were buying Bella a birthday present behind her back. We told everyone we were going hunting but of course Rosalie, Emmett, Esme and Carlisle knew what we were doing. Renesmee already told Alice what she wanted to get. Alice and Jasper were getting her a car Renesmee wanted to get her jewellery. We would part when we parked.

Alice handed me the money, then she went off with Jasper, Renesmee pulled me into the mall. We looked round a few jewellery places. The last place we went was called Dazzled. It was a big jewellery shop right through the mall near to one of the exits. Renesmee looked at some of the necklaces. 'Can I help you?' a sale assistant asked us.

'Yes, I am looking for a locket necklace for my mom'. Renesmee replied smiling. The man led us to the necklaces. 'What is the occasion?' he asked.