chapter 2 torn and broken

I saw them coming, the three girls, and Renesmee. I wanted to reach out to her. Call her name. Hold her and tell her everything is ok. That I will stay with her forever, and all this was a misunderstanding. I was so mad at myself. What I had caused. Now as I look over I see Edward lying still on the floor. His eyes close, his family gathered around him trying to wake him up. His two brothers's screaming at me. Shaking me violently. But I couldn't react to this. I was frozen solid. Drowning in my actions. I could hear what they were saying but my lips wouldn't move to respond. I wish I could of died right there. But if I died what would Renesmee do. I know now I would never see her again. But she knew I was still alive and well. But if I died she knew there would be no chance of ever seeing me again.

Then the pain hit me. My arm first. Then the rest of my body. I couldn't move at all. Then another voice said. ' Pick him up carefully and put him on this stretcher'. I recognised the voice. It was Carlisle. Why would he help me? When I tried to destroy his life, expose him for what he was. I tried to talk again. My lips moved this time but no sound. ' Now Jacob, can you hear me'. Carlisle asked. I couldn't speak so I tried moving. It hurt but I managed a faint nod. He seemed satisfied by this. They picked me up. I moaned in agony.

'How is he Carlisle'? Bella said. I recognised her voice straight away.

'He has broke almost every bone in his body'. Carlisle replied. I closed my eyes. Trust Bella to care about me, even after everything that as happened. She still cared. I appreciated this.

'What about Edward'? She asked swallowing a lump in her throat. I felt so guilty I wanted to leap up and comfort her. Apologize for everything that had happened.

He paused for a minute. I could hear him sigh loudly. 'Bella, Edward is in a coma'. He said finally. She gasped. Shocked and confused. I tried to speak again but nothing happened. I felt something cold and sharp go into both my arms and my mouth. I had been put asleep.

Renesmee

I was sat next to Jacob holding his hand. He could hardly move. Jasper and Emmett had already told the story twice now. What had happened? My dad had apologized to Jacob. For some reason Jacob got mad, and even Jasper's power couldn't stop it. He phased and then attacked them all. My dad had gotten in the way to stop jasper and Emmett getting hurt. My dad was now in a coma, and Jacob couldn't move at all. Neither of them could tell the real story.

Mom took me home to sleep. I was tired. But I knew I wouldn't sleep. Two of the people I love the most were injured. My dad could be in a coma for a long time. That is what Carlisle said. He could wake up any day but he could never wake up again. Depending how hard he hit his head. Jacob on the other hand was already starting to recover. Carlisle had taken him to their house. He was keeping an eye on him. Updating his morphine doses. He was recovering well. Carlisle had rang my mom about an hour ago to tell her. Jacob still couldn't speak. He had hit his body hard. But in a few weeks he should be ok. I was thankful of this; tomorrow I would get to see him again. But Monday I had school. I hadn't even started the homework.

Jacob

I didn't know what time it was. At least I knew where I was. I was injected with more morphine every two hours; it helped relief the pain for a while. I wish I could talk. I had forgot how to though, I knew I had to move my lips and try to hum words out. It wasn't working. Had I damaged my voice box, or simply forgotten how to talk. Carlisle said to me that I might have to go to a special hospital, so they can teach me how to speak. It will be humiliating. I wanted to see Renesmee. I wonder what she thought of all this, I knew Edward was in a coma; I was reminded every five minutes. Everyone around me was talking about Edward, so I always got the latest on his recovery. He was still unconscious. He hadn't moved at all, Bella had taken Renesmee home to sleep; Rosalie was looking after her, while Bella stayed with Edward. I couldn't take the guilt. It built up inside me eating away at me. I would die inside even if I recovered fully. Bella checked up on me as well. She wasn't angry with me for what happened. She just wanted us both to recover fully. She sometimes sat by my bed, talking to me. Feeding me and helping me do things I couldn't do for now. She spent most of her time with Edward. Please recover Edward. Please.