Chapter 26: Is This the End

A/N: holy guacamole!!! 1K READS! GOLLY! Thank you all so much for reading and supporting my long-ass fan fiction! we are almost there and hopefully y'all could stick up until the very end! Love you guys!!

***

Sh*t

A tight grip on my arm made me snap out of my shock. What are you doing?! How did you get out?!

Nora's outburst was disregarded by my brain when I still felt the aching pain on my finger, I realized the key was still pierced inside, it took the two deans a little short while to notice that, engrossed in scolding me, but when they did, before Nora could take it out, I twisted the key myself as quickly as I can, and backed away

Deep breaths of amazement and wonder as I gazed upon my finger.

I've done it, I mentally grinned... My finger glow... It is a beautiful white merged with a hue of bright yellow, the very evidence that I've unsealed the barrier holding me back from my full potential.

The very thing that Rafal wanted.

Without another word or a glance, I ran towards the open door aiming to escape. But before I could even make a great deal of distance, an invisible weight on my shoulders took the air out of my lungs and brought me to my knees. A frustrated groan escape my lips as I turned my head to face the offender. Nora screamed her words while taking one furious step after the other, heels clicking intensely against the floor.

Enough with this my dear! You don't know what danger you're desperately putting yourself in!

Her words caused murmurs from those who are unaware of our relationship, especially the students from the Evers.

I shut my eyes tight, wanted to shout and explain that we are in grave danger! Not only me and Aurellia, but every fairytale being in the land! Even if I don't face Rafal today, even if I imprison myself in the most heavily guarded fortress, he will stop at nothing to get what he wants! It may not be me, but there will be others who he will control and manipulate! Those who are naive enough to be swayed by his sweet words and magic.

If I need to sacrifice myself for the better peace of this land then so be it!

Not like I'm planning to lose.

Unaware my finger glowed brightly and my flute suddenly hovered in the air, taking the attention of everyone. It grew in size and width, until it was àtleast 3 foot, it's end facing our direction.

Then without warning, a blast of sound waves bursts from the end of my flute, creating a heavy impact, strong enough to propel everything and everyone on its way backwards! Except for me.

It's like it has a mind on its own,  it sensed Nora's magic had lessen the grip on my body, giving me enough opportunity to force myself out, without wasting any time I ran out of the room as I heard my flute halt it's offend and shrink it's size, hastily catching up on me.

When it had returned to my belt on my waist, both it and my finger stopped glowing. So you're like my sidekick now?? Waiting for an answer while running, it glowed shortly, as if agreeing to my question.

I smiled nostalgically at it... I made this flute when I was young, using the wood of Oldie, the old tree in Ellanor. Both the flute and the tree helped us in great times when me and Aurellia got in trouble. As if they have the same spirit... My eyes widened at the realization

Oldie?! Without a second later it glowed again. I squealed in excitement and hugged it while still running, freak! I missed you buddy! Even though you're always with me. I laughed awkwardly, considering how it always been near me.. And figured it might saw me and Nora doing some sinful things. God that's embarrassing