Chapter 13

It has been a couple of days since the accident with zedaph, and Mumbo hadn't heard nor' seen Grian anywhere, at first he thought it was normal since the small hermit did have awful looking wounds, but still, Mumbo knew Grian would still try to be productive even with an unbearable amout of pain, and that only few hermits could get him to rest if he didn't pass out himself.

So, the mustached man decided that he was finally going to go see his friend.

"Knock knock!"

...

"Grian pal ? Are you home ?!"

Maybe he's not here, he might have gone out... Mumbo thought, but as he was about to leave , the door opened and a tired looking Grian looked up at Mumbo.

"Grian! Did I wake you up? Oh my, I'm so sorry, I can always come back later if you want "

"No no, it's okay, I actually needed to do something today, so it's a good thing you woke me up otherwise i probably would have slept in." Grian ruffled his hair to somewhat make it look nice

"oh well, it's a happy accident i guess" Mumbo laughed a bit.

"do you want to come in ? It's quite cold outside" the small hermit moved a little bit out of the way leaving a way in.

"I would like that yes" Mumbo stepped in.

Grian closed the door, before heading to his kitchen to make himslef a cup of coffee and for Mumbo a cup of tea.

"So did you need something ?"

"I well, i just wanted to see how you were doing, you know because of the wounds you have..."

"Oh yeah, well I'm getting better, the pain became bearable yesterday, thanks to Scar's healing " the small hermit answered coming out of the kitchen with both his and mumbo's drinks."

"Scar was always a good healer, I'm glad he could do something about your wounds before they got deadly"

"Yeah, he always was, be careful it's really hot " Grian handed Mumbo his drink and sat next to him.

"you're right!" Mumbo yelped burning his tongue.

"You spoon! ahah" they both laughed.

they sat there slowly drinking their hot drinks.

"What was the thing you needed to be awake for today?"

"well, I think I was supposed to go see Zedaph, to see how he's doing, Scat told me he broke a couple of things "

"Yeah, I think he broke a couple of ribs , "

"hopefully, he's feeling better as it's been a couple of days" Grian said as he sipped his coffee.

"Are you okay Mumbo?" the small hermit looked at his friend.

"I...I think I'm the one responsible for what happened to Zedaph"

"What? No Mumbo Zedaph had an accident and you were there for him at the right time!"

"I don't think so..."

"What do you mean?"

"i don't think that story is true..."

"But the others wouldn't lie to us ? especially on topics like these "

"That's what they told me as well but, after investigating Zed's base, I didn't find any holes he could fall in and hurt himself in."

"w-what, but then that means..."

"The others lied."

"I don't get it. Mumbo ? Why would they lie to the both of us?"

"I don't know Grian, and to be honest, I haven't seen any of them since then..."

"Are they avoiding you? because they came to see me a couple of times, mostly Scar for my wounds, but Pearl and Impulse came and said hi"

"I don't know...I just hope whatever I did they can forgive me for, soon, cause' I'm really starting to feel lonely without our daily boatem fun to be honest"

"I'm sure you did nothing wrong Mumbo! And don't worry, once I'm back on my feet and Scar is no longer making sure I do nothing, we'll go back to having fun !"

"Yeah... Then you better get better soon then!"

"Yeah!"

Grian really tried to believe his own words to make Mumbo feel better, but deep down,he knew and he was sure Mumbo knew it too now, that it wasn't a coincidence that the BOTH of them got lied to. But Grian knew things Mumbo didn't, like his look he had before leaving him alone in his house. But a look was just a look right? Mumbo was just mad back then...right?

"You could try to ask Zed? you said you were going to check on him right?" the moustached man stood up taking both of the cups to the sink.

"OH Yeah! Good idea Mumbo, I could even act like I know the REAL story so that he could tell me it in details!" Grian followed after being startled out of his thoughts.

"even better then my original idea!"

"Alright then, I'll go see him right now to get answers then!" Grian was already at the front door about to leave "I'll tell you when I come back what he said!"

"Wait where do we meet then?" Mumbo was outside Grian's base closing the door.

"BOATEM HOLE! I'LL PING YOU WHEN I'M THERE!" The blondie yelled from afar.

"SOUNDS GOOD!" The tall man yelled back.