Side Story

I have no excuse this time... the next chapter isn't evven done yet so... I'll give you guys a filler.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eight's POV

Cold, a word used to describe the weather, drinks, and, well, me. It's Christmas time and Allison is making me shop for a gift. For everybody.

I've never bought a gift for any of them in the 26 years I've been alive. They've never complained about it before. Maybe due to the fact I was always cooking but this year Allison wants to cook so I'm waiting outside the mall before it opens.

"This fucking weather." I hear a chuckle from behind me and I turn around. A young, handsome African American man is standing behind me.

"Oh sorry, it's just you don't seem the type to curse." As I've said before a word used to describe me, cold.

"You're looking at me? That's rather odd." He bursts out into a laugh. Leaving me  quite shocked.

"You're speaking so sophisticated." He stops laughing. " I'm Derek." He took his right hand out.

"And your last name, Derek?" I asked as I eyed his hand.

"Mcclain. My arm is getting tired, pretty boy." My face felt a sudden heat and I quickly shook his hand.

"I'm Axel, but my family calls me eight." I look up from his arm and I see him smirk.

"What about your last name, Axel?" As I was about to answer a store clerk came outside and opened the store.

"It seems like the store is open now." As I was about to walk away Derek stopped me.

"Can I get your number?" He seemed a little shy asking me, even though a moment ago he was very confident.

"Lets go inside first." His eyes suddenly brightned up and for the first time ever, I knew what I wanted for Christmas.

We exchanged phone numbers and even set up a date to meet up.

"Well, I'll leave you to shop." I saddened a bit but nodded. He started to turn to another isle but I stopped him.

"Oh Derek." He turned around. "My last name is Hargreeves." He stood there for a second a bit confused before smiling and chuckling to himself.

~~
Third POV
"You're back from shopping already?" Axel looked up to see Allison. "Oh my god!! Why are there moving trucks outside??!!"

"The gifts were too big to fit in my car." He stares at her blankly.

"I can't believe you got us actual gifts." She stared outside in awe.

"I had a pretty good day today." Axel turns around to walk upstairs. "Oh Allison?"
She hummed in response trying to look at what her gift is. "They're already wrapped up."

She groaned in dissapointment and walked back to the kitchen where she was watching cooking tutorials. "Maybe I should just let eight cook this year again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know it's not a long chapter but I hope you guys liked it.