Sick Day

Sick Day

Requested by: A_Fanfic_Queen

Fandom: Hermitcraft

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Soup Group (Pearl, Gem, Impulse)

—————

(Disclaimer: I do not know how to make soup. Not recommend to try to make whatever is written here. 100% it will taste horrible, make you sick, or kill you)

Gem stood at the stove, waiting for the water to boil. The Canadian sighed softly as she watched the water begin to bubble.

There was a virus on Hermitcraft. A harmless one, really, but it did have large effects. Unfortunately, the virus really took a toll on the body. It weakens the body and you can barely even get anywhere.

Lucky for Pearl and Impulse, they were at a sleepover with Gem before getting the virus. And Gem told them — not requested them — to stay in her home, giving them each a room to stay in.

Gem already had the virus about two weeks ago and recovered. This was one of those get-it-once-and-never-get-it-again types of viruses. Like chicken pox. As far as she knew, only Scar, Xisuma, Doc, False, Bdubs, and herself had received the virus and recovered from it. Grian, Pearl, Impulse, Ren, Etho, Stress, and Iskall currently have it. Everyone else hadn't received it yet.

The ginger haired girl opened her shulker box and pulled out carrots, potatoes, chicken, and mushrooms. She began to cut them into smaller pieces and fried them before putting them in the boiling water. She cut up some apple slices and put them in as well.

She stirred the pot until a pretty shade of yellow-orange began to come up. Making sure there were no stray pieces, Gem grabbed two bowls from her top shelf. She began to evenly pour soup into both bowls and added a couple of carrot leaves along with cleaned and cooked dandelions.

Gem waited a couple more minutes for the soup to cool down before taking the bowls and balancing them on both of her hands. Gem made her way up to the room that Pearl was staying in.

"Pearl!" Gem called out in a singsong voice as she pushed the door opened with her foot.

She walked in to see the blonde-brunette seated at the edge of her bed. The Australian looked up to see her green eyed friend.

"I made soup for you," Gem said, placing one of the two bowls of soup on the nightstand.

"Thanks Gem," Pearl said.

"You're getting better!" Gem smiled. "Your voice is really clear now!"

"Yea, but I think Impulse is getting worse," the blue eyed girl replied, smiling slightly.

"How can you tell?" Gem asked. A horrible, hacking cough began to sound from the next room. "Oh."

"But when I get better, I'll help you take care of Impulse."

"I'm going to go deliver his soup," Gem said, smiling, before leaving the room.

Gem, this time, opened Impulse's door with her free hand and stepped inside to find the boy with dark brown lying on his back, on the bed. "How are you feeling, Impulse?" Gem asked, placing the soup down beside him.

"Horrible," Impulse groaned, his face covered with his hands, creating a muffled voice.

"Well, I made you soup. Maybe that'll help." Impulse looked over and noticed the bowl sitting on the nightstand. With tired motions, Impulse sat up and swung his legs over the side. "Pearl's getting better and she's going to help when she's fully recovered."

As if it were planned, Pearl kicked the door open with her foot.

"Pearl!" Gem cried out, scared by her friend's action.

"I'm better!" Pearl said, laughing. "I only just realized when I stood up on instinct to bring the bowl to the sink."

"Well, I'm glad to hear that," Gem said, catching her breath.

"Well, Impulse," Pearl said, beaming. "We're both going to be taking care of you now."

"You two ladies are lifesavers," Impulse sighed, picking the bowl up with shaking hands.

"We know," Pearl said, in a mocking boasting voice.