Oblivious

Oblivious

Teaser for High School AU??

Fandom: Hermitcraft

Genre: Fluff (?)

Characters: Mumbo, Iskall

—————

Mumbo groaned loudly. Not again. The students' computers were broken yet again and his smartboard wasn't working. He reluctantly made his way over to the phone and dialed the number of the I.T. office.

"Hello!" A familiar, cheerful voice answered the phone.

"Hey, Iskall," Mumbo said. "I-"

"Let me guess," Iskall replied, a grin obvious in his voice. "The computers are broken again?"

"And the smartboard," Mumbo muttered.

"On my way," Iskall said before a click was heard.

When Mumbo got back to his desk, he couldn't help but notice how the students were giggling and whispering to each other. He shrugged it off. Typical high schooler behavior. A couple minutes later, a knock on the open door was heard and Iskall poked his head into the room. Mumbo didn't notice Iskall making his way to the students' computers as he was trying to figure out what was wrong with his smartboard.

When the bell rang, the students had hurried out, pushing and shoving each other out the door in a fit of whispers and giggles. The last person out had closed the door behind her, looking over her shoulder and giggling with her friend. Mumbo looked up, almost shocked to see Iskall.

"Hey Mumbo," Iskall said, a smile on his face.

"First name basis now, I see?" Mumbo chuckled, turning back to the smartboard.

Iskall laughed. "Hasn't it always been?" Mumbo laughed in return. "Having trouble with fixing the smartboard?" Iskall loved teasing his friend.

"I'm an engineering teacher," Mumbo muttered. "I invent, not fix."

Iskall just laughed in response, making his way behind Mumbo. He reached behind the smart board. "I see the problem," Iskall muttered. "Someone switched and unplugged some cables." He started adjusting the cables. "Or some ones."

Mumbo couldn't exactly comprehend what the man behind him was saying. Iskall is so goddamn close...He then heard some giggles outside the door. Mumbo huffed. Free period students.

"Done," Iskall said, abruptly.

"Oh, uh-" Mumbo smiled. "Thanks."

"Test it," Iskall said, leaning on one of the front row desks.

Mumbo nodded, turning the smartboard on. He connected the adapter to his laptop. When the screen lit up, the duo heard a fit of giggles outside the door. Mumbo glanced over at Iskall, who shrugged.

There was shushes and giggling outside the door.

"What's-" Mumbo's shrugged it off, looking up at the board, finding that it works.

"Better give them what they want then," Iskall said, suddenly. Mumbo's face screwed up in confusion he looked back at Iskall. The I.T.'s face was dusted pink. "They told me."

"How did they even know before us," Mumbo muttered, figuring out what Iskall meant as the said I.T. approached him.

"They always know somehow."

Mumbo's eyes fluttered shut as he felt a second pair of lips on his. Shrieks were heard outside the door. Then the hurried footsteps of the know-it-all students before they could get caught by a teacher who heard them.