Gambling King

Gambling King

Inspired by: cherrysherin2 and SawaSourJuice on Twitter

Fandom: Hermitcraft, Dream SMP

Genre: N/A

Characters: Grian, Scar, Quackity, Sapnap, Karl, Pearl

—————

Grian rolled his eyes as he reluctantly let his friend drag him into the Las Nevadas casino.

"Come on!" Scar whined. "You're going to love it!"

"Gambling? I don't know about that."

"You could just watch me," Scar offered.

"Fine. But if you lose, I'll never let you live it down."

Scar beamed as he opened the doors for him.

"Why thank you," Grian said mockingly. Scar all but chuckled and followed the avian inside.

The duo was immediately greeted with the sounds of games, yelling, arguing and a lot more. Their attention was directed forwards a big crowd of people who either cheered or groaned in defeat.

"That's where the king of gambling has his games." Scar pointed forwards the crowd.

"King of Gambling?" Grian smirked. "You should gamble with him."

"What? No!" Scar shook his head vigorously.

"C'mon!" Grian grabbed Scar's wrist and dragged him forwards the crowd. The two managed to push their way through the crowd in time to see the Gambling King's latest competitor cry out in defeat.

"You can't defeat him. You know that honey," said a young brunette woman as she scooped up the cards and pushed the earnings towards a golden winged avian. "I've worked here for months, even years. No one hass ever beaten him."

The Gambling King himself sat leisurely on a rich silk red chair. His hair was black and his eyes were dark. His left eye was blind and a scar was easily seen over it that reached to his mouth. Behind him, on his right, was a taller man with black hair, dark eyes and a white bandana. On his other side was a slightly shorter, but still taller than the king, brunet. His eyes were light brown and he was wearing a colorful hoodie.

"Come on Scar. Do it."

"No. No."

"What? Scared?" Teased the blaze hybrid behind the King.

Scar scowled. "Fine." He took the seat across the table from the Gambling King.

"New here?" The avian asked.

"Nah. I know who you are Quackity."

"Good." Quackity smirked. "How about some easy Blackjack?"

"Sure."

As Grian watched, he easily saw that the King had a way with manipulating his competitors into a confirmed elimination without breaking any rules. He frowned as he watched Scar fall into Quackity's traps so easily. The parrot avian scowled as he watched his best friend lose.

Scar took his place next to Grian, a glum look on his face. Grian looked at the earnings that Scar had just lost. Then at the King.

"Baccarat." Grian sat in the chair that Scar had just gotten up from.

"G, what are you doing?" Scar whispered. "You've never gambled before!"

"Let me."

Quackity grinned revealing his gold tooth. "Baccarat, huh?"

The brunette woman, Pearl said a tag on her chest, set up the game as the two exchanged dirty glares.

Everyone had made their bet on Quackity, not trusting a beginner to win. The only one who did put their bet on Grian was Scar.

Everyone watched, confident that their king would win. However, when Quackity's "trap" didn't work on Grian, he scowled and furrowed his eyebrows. Grian only smirked. The "King" had just fallen into a beginner's trap without realizing.

Scar cheered as Grian was granted the earnings. Quackity glared at the duo. Pearl stepped over and took Grian's right wrist and raised it in the air. "Our new King!"