I Love You Too

I Love You Too

Fandom: Limited Life

Genre: Angst

Characters: Scott, Jimmy, Martyn

—————

Scott stood there, waiting for those three words. Just a simple "Love you too" or "I love you" would just be enough. But those words never came. Instead, all that Jimmy said back was, "30 seconds." A 30 second head start. It was as close as an "I love you" can get in a timed death game like this.

But something still beated itself in Scott's memory. Jimmy chose Tango over him. He chose to save Tango and kill me instead of killing the both of us. Scott just wanted to hear those three little words from his husband. "Say love you back," Scott had repeated, the hurt in his voice making itself painfully obvious. He just needed to know. He just need to know that the canary he loves the most still loves him back. There was a silence.

"30 seconds."

And so Scott ran. He ran, trying to hold back those tears.

. . .

When he cried out for Martyn, yelling at him that he was low, Scott felt a pang in his chest. Something that told him to let Jimmy have the last moments of his green life instead. To show the canary that he still loved him.

"Martyn!" Scott still cried out for his ally, grateful he was in the water, knowing that no one can see his tears. Well...almost no one...

. . .

Jimmy's heart pained as Scott repeated himself.

"Say love you back."

Oh how he so desperately wanted to. How he wanted to let Scott know that he still loved him. But in a timed death game like this, there was no time for love.

He swallowed and repeated himself, giving his husband 30 seconds to flee before the bloodlust became too great. Oh, his lover was green while he was yellow. And how the bloodlust made him desperate to take that color away and keep it for himself.

"30 seconds."

Scott stood there for another second before turning and running. Jimmy let the cyanet run out of sight before "following" him.

. . .

No one noticed those tears in the water. No one but Jimmy. The pressure in his lungs increasing, as he desperately swam over to Scott. But hearing his lover call out a name that did not belong to him, made a pang of jealousy shoot through his chest.

Scott made me brainrot over this since the release and I got this in like 10 minutes-