Circus Freak

Circus Freak

Inspired by: MyraTheFarmer on Twitter

Fandom: Hermitcraft

Genre: Thriller

Characters: Hermits

—————

"I wouldn't be surprised if he was in that traveling circus!" Grian heard the snickers of a couple of boys from behind him.

"Neither would I! I mean. Look at him!"

The most beautiful white and pink wings were on his back. Pink streaks were dyed in his hair.

Grian scowled. Oh he'll show them...

"Hey!" Grian walked up to the boys that were talking about him. "I heard you guys talking about a traveling circus. Well, I just so happen to have two extra tickets."

"Oh?" One with dark brown hair and eyes said. "Well we would love to go and watch you make a fool of yourself." His blond friend snickered.

Grian rolled his eyes. "Haha, very funny." He pulled the two tickets out of his pocket and handed them over. "See you fellas tonight at the circus!"

Well, now he has to get two more tickets for Ren and Bdubs.

. . .

"Welcome! To the Hermit Circus!" Xisuma beamed at the crowd that surrounded him.

"What do you think is that guy's stunt?" The blond guy asked his friend. They hadn't seen Grian at all yet tonight.

"Probably lion taming or something," the brunet laughed.

"First up, our trapeze artists, SV, Cub, and Stress!"

The crowd watched in awe as the three swung from trapeze only to nearly miss their partners' hands. At last, the three flipped and landed on their feet on the ground, perfectly unharmed.

A cheer erupted throughout the crowd.

"Next up!" Xisuma's voice overpowered the crowd's cheers. "Our tightrope walkers, Pearlescentmoon and FalseSymmetry!"

Act after act, the blond and brunet began to doubt that they would see the "circus freak."

There was Zombie, the strongman- or, er- strongwoman. There was Tay the juggler, who juggled a ring of fire as her partner, Jumbo led a lion through the ring of fire. Both, Gem and Mumbo remained unscathed.

And eventually...

"And now!" Xisuma said. "Your favorites! Hotguy and his partner, Cuteguy!"

The loudest cheer of the night ran through the circus tent. It was a surprise that it didn't collapse.

The brunet shook his sleeping friend's arm. "There!"

Grian, indeed, was wearing a black skin tight suit along with a white oversized sweater. Hotguy was a tall, good looking man with scars on his face.

"Our most dangerous stunt artists! Now, let me warn you. This is going to be a little different than usual."

Grian scanned the crowd and made eye contact with the two boys. A smirk grew on his face.

Soon, Cuteguy was strapped to a target board. Hotguy held a bow in his hand and ten arrows sat on his back.

Fire appeared on the edges of the board and it started spinning. Fast. The crowd screamed as Hotguy took the first arrow and aimed it at the board. It was next to impossible to tell where it landed. But as soon as all 10 were gone, the board slowed to a stop.

Everyone screamed. 6 arrows sat on the board. But the other 4? One had implanted itself into Cuteguy's head, one in his left wing, one in his right leg, and one right where his heart should be. Blood trickled down from each of the four arrows. His eyes were closed.

Then a laugh sounded. It wasn't from the ringmaster. It wasn't from the crowd. It came from the stunt artist. Hotguy laughed. Roars rose up from the crowd. Then another laugh rang out. This time, it belonged to the ringmaster. The crowd was yelling at them. Then a third laugh sounded. It wasn't from anyone in the crowd this time. This time. It was from the supposedly dead stunt artist.

Cuteguy allowed himself down from the board. He removed the arrows on his body. And as it turned out, he had remained unharmed during the entire thing!

The crowd screamed in disbelief.

Cuteguy met the eyes of the boys he met earlier that day. A horrified, traumatized look was drawn on their faces. A grin spread across Grian's face.

Circus Freak, huh?