Chapter 4

While the council may have made it out of the dungeon, it wasn't a blast for two castle guards. One with dark-red hair with red streaks and the other with bright green hair, all suited up in their armor.

"Okay Henry, let's check on the prisoners..." Liam said

"You got it, Liam! Wait... WHERE DID THEY GO!" Henry shocked

"DAMN IT! THEY MUST HAVE ESCAPED!"

"The king is not gonna be happy about this..."

___________________________________________

"HENRY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO STAY ON GUARD!"

"I'm sorry your highness! I got distracted while I was looking at the lettuce farm!"

Liam and Henry were begging on their knees hoping for the King's forgiveness. The king was sitting on a gold throne with a crown on his head, ashamed of their two best men. Revealing his name as King Drew of the North. (Well, technically, he is a prince but he's next on the throne)

"You guys are such a disgrace to me and my father!!" Drew spoke out

"Please King Drew! Forgive us! We don't mean any harm to you!" Liam begged

"God, fine! I'll give you both one more chance! If you screw this up, I will personally execute you! Understand?!"

"Yes, your highness! No means will we fail this time!" Henry nodded

"We will send over 3000 soldiers to look for them, your highness, no means necessary!" Liam added

"Good! Now get your butts out there and find them no matter how long it takes! I'm not gonna let them take the crystal and ruin my plans..." Drew whispered the last part

The two guards bowed and rushed out of the throne room to get the soldiers ready, meanwhile, the king's future wife was carrying a tray of tea to the king. She had beautiful long blonde with ombre pink hair, and lime green eyes, along with a white sleep gown.

"Ohh Zoey...what do you have on that tray?"

"Your highness... your tea is ready."

"Oh thank you, Zoey..."

"Your father wants to speak with you later on today around 6:30. He told me to inform you about the meeting."

"My dad wants to talk to me? For what?"

"He didn't say... he just said to meet him in the dining room at 6:30 sharp."

"Alright, I guess...go ahead and go to sleep, I'll handle this."

"Of course, your highness"

Zoey began to leave the throne room while Drew watched her leave. When she finally left, Drew pulled out a crystal ball in his hand and began to use some weird vision spell. The crystal ball began to show the council, sleeping on the small island as he laughed to himself.

"Oh, that's where they are...well they didn't pick the best spot to go to..."

"You little pawns won't go far... this is just one part of my little chess game." Drew begins to laugh evilly.

Drew soon used the crystal ball and used a communication spell to contact all of his guards.

"Attention all guards! Get those teens who are on that island in the middle of the ocean and bring them to me!"

"Yes sir!" The guards saluted the king as they got on their giant rideable bats and began to fly off, seeking the island the teens were trapped on.

"There's no way they could deal with my huge army of bats! This chess game is now my victory! MUAHAHAHA!"

His laugh echoed throughout the whole castle as he made his way to his dad's meeting room. The king burst through the doors and he stormed down the hallway.

"DREW!" His dad yelled

"Yes, father..?" Drew sighed

"Are you still after those pesky teens again? You know you have more important things too! You are gonna be King! Plus your marriage is coming in 3 more weeks! You should be planning for your wedding!"

"Dad, I'm doing this to get payback on that wretched knight Jake! Still can't believe he betrayed me over those stupid friends of his!!"

"Shut up boy! You're gonna wake up the entire kingdom now you better go to bed or I'm taking away your crystal ball!"

"Fine! But you'll remember this!!"

The King had enough of his son talking back to him and decided to take away Drew's Crystal ball, sending him back to his bedroom.

"Hey! Give it back!"

"No! Now go to bed mister or else you are not getting this back!"

"Ugh Fine!!"

___________________________________________

Drew angrily stormed away out of the throne room and down the hallway towards his bedroom, he slowly opened the door to his bedroom to see Zoey fast asleep on the left side of his bed.

"Sometimes... I wish my father didn't force me into an arranged marriage."

He stared at the ceiling of his royal bedroom, thinking about what he should do. Drew turned around to his desk filled with scrolls that gave him an idea. He grabbed one of the scrolls and started to write something down enchanting the scroll.

"Maybe I should write something to my mom..." He thought to himself

"I mean, she did give me this Crystal ball... if she was here, maybe she could convince my father not to get me into an arranged marriage, I'm only marrying her because her family is rich."

Drew wrote down a small message to his mother and sent it outside of his window. The scroll soon transformed into a tiny bird flying into the night sky.

Drew then turned around to his bed and began to lie down next to the sleeping Zoey. It was very weird sleeping next to someone you don't like but hey you gotta do what you gotta do. Soon, he got comfortable enough and immediately drifted off to sleep.

End of Chapter 4
___________________________________________

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is a little short unlike the previous chapters, just figured that you guys can have something before I take a break from writing because of exams. I promise that the next chapter will be longer and have some more action.

I'll see you guys in about 5 days (might be longer). I love you and have a great day/night! ❤️❤️

1035 words (yep, that's not a lot of words)