Chapter 7

When our hybrid regained consciousness, he was on land, but he was on some kind of bed that felt comfortable and relaxing. He was confused where he was and why. He looked around to see that he was in a bedroom filled with picture frames, potions, and vintage objects.

"Ugh...my head..."

"Oh you are awake!"

A voice called in the background as Sean wiped his eyes to see a pink haired boy with glasses, carrying a tray of tea.

"Who are you..?" Sean asked

"Oh, where are my manners... I'm Elliot! Nice to meet you!"

"I found you stranded on the beach and saw you were having trouble breathing so I brought you to my house!"

"Oh well, that is nice of you to do, but did you perhaps see anyone else too..?"

"No... I only saw you... what happened? You seem to be in a very bad shape and I saw your wound on your back too..."

"I don't know what happened...the only thing I remember was my friend's voice calling my name before going black..."

"Hm... you might have fallen off a boat or something."

"I think I did...*cough**cough*"

"Hm... it seems you are coughing a lot. Here, have some medicine." Elliot hands Sean a spoon of medicine.

"Oh...thanks..."

"It's a mixture of healing herbs that are meant for sore throats and coughing."

"Oh I didn't know about that..."

"Anyways... Tell me Sean, are you a hybrid? Where do you come from?"

"I am a hybrid, I have had these wolf ears and tail since I was born. And I came from a town named Rose Bud..."

"Really? It seems that you are part of a patrol team. Where is your team?"

"I...don't know...I can't remember them very clearly..."

"Wow... you must have hit your head when you fell overboard. Here, drink some tea..." Sean took the cup from his hands and slowly drank the green tea, looking down on the bed as he's a little nervous around people that he doesn't know.

Sean didn't pay attention to Elliot at all, he was too busy avoiding eye contact. Elliot sighed and went towards his cabinet to look for something, Sean heard all the shuffling going on and decided to look up until he saw a mysterious mark tattoo on Elliot's neck that looked very familiar.

"Wait...what is that mark..?" Elliot turned around hearing Sean's words and noticed he was staring at a mark on his neck.

"Oh this mark? This is a uh... requirement my master assigns me to have. They do it with all their staff." He responded

"Okay then...but do you mind stepping out for a little bit? I need to...do something..."

Elliot nodded and decided to leave Sean for a while. Sean got up from the mattress bed and started to look around the room he was in.. He noticed that the room was filled with all sorts of herbs, medicines and potions.

"Huh? This is kinda strange...how does he know who I am and my status..."

Sean was keeping himself occupied until he felt more pain in his body. The pain was harder than the last one he experienced and he groaned a lot like he wanted to cry while wrapping his arms. Sean tumbled on the floor, gripping onto his chest on where the pain was.

"G-god..! Why is it hurting.?!"

Sean soon realized what was causing the pain. He pulled up his shirt once again and saw his wound. There were more purple cracks and it changed colors to dark purple. It was slowly spreading.