Chapter 9

As the sun was beginning to set a little, Jake, Hailey, Zander, and Luke were all below deck, lounging in one of the living quarters while Micheal was fixing them some food since they had to skip it a few times and he decided to feed them.

"Daaddd! Are you done yet?" Zander groaned

"Zander, could you wait a little longer? Dad still needs time to cook.." Hailey said

"But I'm starving! It's hard to stay positive with an empty stomach!"

"Hey! Finally, something we can relate to!" Jake pointed

"Shut up Jake!"

"I wanna test something out. Zander, do you mind if I have a listen?"

"Uh sure but let's go somewhere private."

"Why can't we come? It won't be weird or anything..." Jake spoke up

"No idiot! This is between me and Luke!"

"Don't bother Jake. They are probably gonna do some lovely dovely stuff and I will probably vomit if I watch it." Hailey crossed her arms

"Turning into Milly so fast, huh?" Jake winked at her

"Shut up Jake or else I will-!"

"Babe, calm down, let's just go..."

"Tch! Fine!" Zander and Luke walked out of the living quarters, heading into one of the cabins.

"Don't do anything weird you two or I'm telling Dad."

"What do you think they are doing?"

"Who knows? Plus I think dad is almost done cooking"

Hailey and Jake waited very awkwardly until Michael announced that the food was almost ready, making Jake get up until Hailey tugged on his sleeve.

"Where are you going?"

"Going to the kitchen, why..?"

"Don't go."

"Why? Is there something wrong..?"

Hailey pulled Jake a bit closer, lowering her head while sighing.

"I think I have something to tell you."

"Oh, what's up..?"

"Well uh... Sean told me not to tell anyone but... look what I found." Hailey started to search in her bag pulling out a book of curse magic.

"I found this book in the library earlier in our journey. Sean has been hit with some kind of cursed magic... he told me not to tell anyone but it seems like he is getting worse every day and now Sean is gone... I'm concerned."

"H-How long have you known about this..?"

"Only for a few days... but even after those days... Sean has gotten worse and worse. Now he is not here with us I'm concerned."

"He must be really really sick then if you're concerned..."

"I'm not just concerned about him... I'm concerned about Milly too... What if something bad is happening to them Jake? What if they were killed?"

"Hey...it'll be okay...we have been on crazier missions than this...we've been doing this for 2 years now and we're capable of doing anything...but you gotta remember that they're counting on us and we're counting on them..."

Jake hugged Hailey as a few tears dropped down Hailey's cheeks hugging him back. Somehow, she felt relaxed and calm when she's around him, and felt like she could let out her stress without any judgment. All of a sudden, Zander walked through the doors, seeing them together.