Arrival

Iris's POV

I knew this was going to happen eventually, my parents were going to take any chance they could to get rid of me. Once they had told me that they were moving across the country for business I knew they would have me packing up my stuff and sending me away. Funnily enough, it was just in time for my 18th birthday which they had never even mentioned. I was used to it though. I can't even remember the last time they had even celebrated my birthday. 

So here I was stuffed into the back of my parent's rented car, with them sitting in the front, both on "business" calls. I stared out the window as we approached a darkly lit castle of a school. Something about it made my stomach turn with nervousness.

Though I was not a "Normie" I had not met any other outcasts besides my parents, as they taught me how to hide it well. Being as it was pretty easy as I had not "Wolfed out yet". Which was another huge disappointment for my family. At least I didn't have to deal with that anymore.

When we finally stopped at the entrance I pulled myself out of the back of the car. Slumping against it as I waited for my parents to get out. "Stand up straight Iris, I will not have you embarrassing me here." My mother called out sternly making me straighten out, rolling my eyes. "Please take these up to reception so they get to her room." My mother called out to the driver.

I followed closely behind my mother as she made her way into the school. When the doors opened I stared in awe at the beautiful architecture of the school. Before I knew it we were following a lady to the headmistress's room, as we had to talk about my joining later in the year. We stopped in front of a large dark wood door the lady told us to go right in, hurrying off to take care of something else.

Once she was out of earshot mother turned to me menacingly. "You better behave yourself in there, this is your only shot." She said pointing at me. "Yeah, I know I'm not a moron." I said immediately regretting saying anything as she brought her hand down across my cheek. "You will not talk to me like that." I held my cheek as my eyes started to well with tears from the pain. Which, I turned around to quickly wipe away, as the door suddenly opened. "Is everything alright out here." A soft voice called, for some reason southing me. I turned back around after I had composed myself to see an angelic woman in front of me. She was very tall, with white hair, pale skin, and long legs. My eyes caught her blue ones, I could see the concern in her eyes as she scanned my face landing on my cheek. Which I am sure was bright red. "Yes of course we were just about to knock on your door." My mother said smiling politely at the woman, which I knew was fake. I could tell that she didn't believe it but she stepped aside anyway to let us in.

My mother and father made their way to the seats in front of her desk. I slowly walked behind them my head facing the floor to not embarrass myself further. I sunk stiffly into the chair next to my mother trying to avoid eye contact with the beautiful woman in front of me. "Alright well let us get started, I am Headmisstris Larissa Weems, as you may know, Nevermore never usually accepts students mid-semester. But I managed to speak with the board, and since you were both former alumni we managed to get everything ready for Iris to join us." Looked up at her after hearing her say my name, noticing her eyes were already on me. "Well, thank you for your help Larissa I know she'll have a wonderful time here." she said acting as if she cared about me at all.

After my parents talked with her about a few minor details, my parents were standing up to leave. I was still sitting in the chair when my mother stomped on my foot signaling she wanted me to stand up. I knew what she wanted, she never wanted to compromise her image. So I stood facing her as she brought me into an embrace. "You better behave yourself, otherwise I'll have to punish you." She said making a shiver run down my spine at the coldness in her voice. She stepped away smiling at me like she hadn't just threatened me. My dad then came up to me patting me on the shoulder, he was a spineless pushover, doing every little thing she ever asked of him. He never did anything to stop my mother's abuses, but I don't think he ever had a heart in the first place. "We will take great care of her don't you worry." Ms. Weems said as she stood from her seat, I could help but stare as she made her way across the room to shake my parent's hands.