Office

Iris POV

I slowly followed behind Wednesday as she walked through the halls. "Why did you follow me in the first place?" Wednesday asked, breaking the silence. I was surprised she was even talking to me in the first place. "I stumbled upon that boy from last night. He opened some weird entrance inside a statue and I followed him. While I was down there he pulled that page out of a book. And said something threatening about you. Once I figured out who you were, I tried to talk to you but you kept disappearing. But I managed to see you running into the woods, so I followed." She nodded stiffly. "The boys name is Rowan. You'll have to show me where he got that book from, once this is over." She said as arrived at the headmistress's office. Seeing the door made me nervous, I knew that this wasn't going to go over well. Wednesday pulled open the heavy door, stalking inside. I slowly followed after her not daring to look up. I could hear Larissa and the sheriff in a hushed argument. "So you automatically assume it's a nevermore student, even with no evidence of a crime." I could tell by her tone of voice that she was rather upset. She cleared her throat as Wednesday and I approached her desk. I was glad I had on sunglasses to protect my eyes from the light, because they were shielding me from Larissa's heavy glare as we stood in her office. I could tell she was beyond upset with what was happening. She looked at me with disappointment as I stood next to Wednesday, making me shrink. 

As much as I wanted to do what she told me and stay away from Wednesday. I couldn't sit by and just pretend nothing happened. I was curious, I wanted to get to the bottom of what was happening. I wanted to be helpful for once instead of always feeling like a burden. So if Wednesday needed my help proving everything happened, she was going to get it. The sheriff turned to Wednesday and me. "What were you two doing out there in the first place?" He said impatiently. "I heard a noise in the forest and I went to go investigate. That's when I stumbled upon the attack." I didn't know why Wednesday was lying, but who was I to question it, I definitely didn't trust the sheriff so I wasn't going to say anything. Ms. Weems then interrupted. "And you Ms. Night?" I cringed at the use of my last name, she was definitely upset with me. 

I looked at her briefly seeing her stare at me intently. I turned back to the sheriff. "I was trying to find Wednesday, I saw her go into the woods, so I followed. We both stumbled upon the attack. I only saw the monster for a second before it was gone." I said trying to cover our tracks. The sheriff looked at me questioningly. "And what injured you, Ms. Night?" Shit, I had no idea what I was going to say to that, I stood there for a second trying to come up with something. Wednesday answering for me. "She tripped trying to pull me out of the way of the monster." Wednesday said, I really have no idea why she is so good at lying. I nodded in agreement catching Wednesday's eyes and giving her a thankful look. "And what happened after that?" Wednesday turned back to the sheriff. "She passed out from the fall so I ran into Bianca Barclay and I told her to go for help. The next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm." I stood behind Wednesday listening intently. "And your sure it wasn't a bear or some other kind of animal." Wednesday looked annoyed at the question. "I've hibernated with grizzlies I would know the difference." Ms. Weems quickly stood from her desk after that. "Thank you sheriff I think the girls are done now." Wednesday turned her head quickly to Ms. Weems. "Actually, we would like to speak to Sheriff Galpin. Alone." Ms. Weems looked taken aback by the request. "I don't think I can do that." she said in a stern voice. "Well, I could take them down to the station for questioning." The sheriff said smirking like he had won a prize. I could tell they didn't like each other very much, by the way they were glaring back and forth. "Fine, you have five minutes and everything is off the record. Play nice, or I'm calling the mayor." She said walking over to the sheriff menacingly. God even when she's pissed off she's hot. I watched as she stalked out of the door. I wasn't really involved with the talk with the sheriff only agreeing silently to Wednesday's claims. A knock interrupted us, the door opening to reveal Rowan, the boy I had seen on the floor of the woods only hours ago. Me and Wednesday sharing a look of shock, as the boy waved creepily from the entrance.