Outreach Day

Once Ms. Weems found me outside of Wednesday's room she pulled me to her office. Which is where we were now. I sat in front of the blazing fire, as Larissa paced the room. I could tell she was upset, as my eyes watched her every movement. She stopped, looking down at me her hands on her hips. "Want to explain yourself?" She growled out, glaring down at me with a look that could kill. I shrugged, not really up to fighting about anything right now. I had not seen her in days and the first thing she wanted to do was yell at me, after avoiding me for several days. This seemed to make her even angrier as she huffed at me. "What did I tell you, I told you not to get involved with Wednesday." I just wanted to go to my dorm and sleep off the wreck that today was. I rolled my eyes "You're confusing." I mumbled, her face morphing into surprise.  "You want me to explain myself, how about you explain yourself?" I said standing up and rounding the couch to face her. I could feel my vision cloud with frustrated tears "You told me to make friends, then when I do you get upset." I said pointing at her not daring to meet her gaze. "You comfort me, hold my hand, make me feel safe like no other person does. You've been avoiding me for days, and then the first thing you say to me in days is to explain myself." I was frustrated at her for being so upset with me. She stared at me in shock clearly not thinking I was going to yell at her back. "You're flirting with me one second and then jealous of who I decide to hang out with the next. I know there is no chance you feel the same but I do not enjoy being led on." I said looking towards the floor in shame. "I like you okay! more than you think I do, don't you realize that?" Looking back at Larissa, shock was on her face but she made no move to say anything. I scoffed, deciding to leave before I embarrassed myself further. But before I could get out the door her hand grabbed my wrist stopping me in my tracks. She pulled me around to face her, her pupils blown as she stared down at me. "God, do you have any idea how long I've wanted to do this?" She said making me look at her in confusion before she lent down quickly. My eyes widened as her red lips clashed with mine. Once I realized what was happening my eyes fell shut as I reached out for something to grab so my knees didn't buckle. My hands grabbed onto her strong waist. As her long fingers filtered through my hair, pulling slightly. I could feel her strong breath tickling under my nose. I moaned out in surprise as her tongue licked my bottom lip. Her soft lips were addicting, and I could see myself getting used to this.

Suddenly a knock ran through her office, making us pull apart quickly. We shuffled about trying to make ourselves presentable to the person knocking. Ms. Weems went to open the door, but I pulled her back once more her looking at me in surprise. I brought my hand up running along her lips to wipe off the smudged blood-red lipstick. Her breath hitched as I did so. Once I had fixed it I dropped her hand allowing her to get the door. She opened the door revealing Ms. Thornhill stood behind it. As she saw me her face shifted from a smile to serious. "Hello, Ms. Thornhill, how can I help you?" Larissa asked stepping a bit further away from me. Which made me frown slightly. "I just had something to speak with you about my class." She said turning towards me with a glare that Larissa didn't see. "Privately if you don't mind." I looked at Larissa hoping to see what she thought, but she didn't meet my gaze. I nodded silently, knowing that meant for me to leave, so I headed for the door. Looking back once more to see Larissa staring at the floor in disappointment. 

I don't know why I would have thought she would have made Mrs. Thornhill come back later. But I was still disappointed, even though her duties as principal come first I wanted her to have me stay. I couldn't help the bad feeling that spread through me as I thought about Ms. Thornhill glaring at me. I could tell she didn't like me very much. Maybe I was just jealous, knowing that Ms. Thornhill had known Larissa longer than I had. So I wasn't sure why she always made me feel uneasy around her. I made my way back to my dorm still giddy about the kiss but incredibly confused about what was going to happen next. Had Ms. Thornhill known what happened behind the door, is that why she was looking at me like that? Finally arriving at my dorm I didn't even manage to pull off my uniform before I slumped into bed. Falling asleep thinking about Larissa, and what was going to happen next.

I found myself in the courtyard the next day surrounded by other students waiting for their assignments for outreach day. I watched as Ms. Weems made her way through the crowd handing them out. She didn't seem to look at me once, making me think she regretted what had happened last night. I was still hoping that maybe she would be the one to deliver my assignment, but my wish was dashed as Ms. Thornhill approached me. Giving me a fake smile as she handed me the envelope, before heading to the next student. I opened my envelope reading "Pilgrim world" I hadn't known what that even was so I wasn't particularly disappointed. I noticed Wednesday silently appear next to me pulling the envelope out of my hand. "Of course, you get the assignment I need." She said handing it back to me before Enid came bounding over to us. "What did you guys get?" She asked bouncing with excitement, I had to commend her for the endless amount of energy she always seemed to have. "Urius Heap." Wednesday said in disappointment, making Enid smile. "I got Pilgrim World, but don't worry you'll love it, it's filled with all sorts of creepy stuff." She looked towards me expectantly. "I also got Pilgrim World." I said bracing myself for the bone-crushing hug I was going to receive. She screamed pulling me in and jumping. "Perfect now we get to hang out while working." I could see Wednesday coming up with an idea, as she turned to Enid. "We should trade I'm pretty sure Ajax also has Urius Heap." Enid's eyes widened nodding along, as they traded papers. "You understand right Iris." She said looking at me with puppy eyes. I nodded knowing the girl was nursing a pretty large crush on the boy. She smiled before running off somewhere else. Most likely going to find her other friends. I turned towards Wednesday. "So what's the plan?" I asked making her smirk lightly.

A/n 

Two updates in one week!!! Feeling extra inspired this week, which is good. This was a shorter chapter, but I am hoping the beginning makes up for it. Let me know what you guys think?? Or if you want me to incorporate anything into the story. Thanks for reading, loves. :)