Beautiful

Iris's POV

After Larissa had gotten into the shower, I wasn't quite sure what to do. I tried to use my phone but when I opened it the light made my head hurt. I decided I would get her couch ready for me to sleep on, she might not let me be in my own room but there is no way I'm stealing her bed. I pulled a pillow from the bed hoping she wouldn't mind, laying it down on the couch. I sat down, carefully laying back so I didn't hurt my head. Drifting into my thoughts as I waited for Larissa. I really didn't expect all this happening when I came here. I certainly didn't plan on become this close with my headmistress. Just three days knowing her and I was falling head over heels for the taller woman. Then there was everything that had happened with Wednesday, nothing like this happened in my old school. The monster and the things that boy was saying really made no sense, I was curious. I knew when Larissa scolded me for associating with Wednesday she was only trying to protect me. But there was no way I wasn't going to try and find Wednesday tomorrow and talk to her about what happened. I would just have to make sure Larissa wouldn't find out, I don't think I could handle her looking at me in disappointment again.

I was broken out of my thoughts as the door opened to the bathroom. Larissa stepping out. I froze looking at her, her face was clean of makeup, her hair down in wet curls, and dressed in a casual night set. I could feel my face heating up at the sight. "What?" Larissa asked, slight embarrassment on her face, from me staring."Um....nothing I've just never seen your hair down before. It's beautiful." I could see a bush tinging her cheeks. "You're one to talk." She said. Of course the one time I get her blushing she has to flip it back on me. "Why are you on the couch?" She asked curiously. I shrugged looking back at her "I figured this is where I'm sleeping." She shook her head strictly. "No way you'll be sleeping in the bed. If anyone is on the couch it's me." I shook my head there was no way she would be comfortable sleeping on the love seat. "No Larissa this is your room, I'm not stealing your bed. Plus you are way too tall to sleep comfortably on here." I said pointing to how my feet were already hanging off the edge a bit, when she was almost twice as tall. "I guess we'll both have to sleep on the bed then." She said smirking at me slightly. Making me choke in surprise. I could tell she wasn't going to back down, not that I didn't want to share the bed. I just didn't want to embarrass myself.

She came over picking up the pillow I had grabbed putting it back in the bed looking at me expectancy waiting for me to get up. I sighed getting up from the couch and making my way to the bed. Larissa pushed the comforter back a bit getting in. I followed her movement as well, for some reason feeling extremely nervous. Having to be this close to her was going to be torture. After she had gotten in the bed I got in as well not daring to look at her. I was sat at the way end of the bed not wanting to invade her space. "If you need something, you'll let me know?" She asked moving slightly to look at me. I looked over to her nodding carefully. "Thank you, Larissa." Her first name flowing from my lips. She smiled at me widely. "Of course Darling." She said reaching over to her night stand to turn off the light, the room going dark.

For several minutes I laid stiffly in the dark, freaking out about sharing a bed with the headmistress. I could hear that her breathing had evened out her falling into a quiet sleep. After a couple minutes I finally relaxed my body going limp. Deciding that the night would go by very slowly if I was worried about my every move. Obviously Ms. Weems hadn't cared at all, falling asleep so quickly. Staring up at the dark ceiling soon enough I had started to drift.

I had woken up with a start, the room still pitch black. But there was an arm laying over my stomach. Looking down I saw Larissas long arm wrapped around my waist her head sort of tucked near my chin. Close enough I could smell her shampoo. My stomach bursting with butterflies at the sight. There was no way she knew she was doing it but it still made me happy. Deciding I was definitely not going to be moving for the rest of the night to not disturb her sleep. I fell back asleep easily.

I woke up to the sun shining through her large windows, catching Larissa moving slightly as she woke up. Her arm still around my waist, a small smile on her face. Her eyes opened lazily, then wided in shock, as she realized she was cuddled up to me. She quickly removed her arm, I quickly closed my eyes to not embarrass her. I could hear her sigh in relief, seeing me asleep. I could feel her carefully getting out of the bed trying not to wake me. I opened my eyes again, stretching slightly. Wincing as my head hit the back of the bed board. Remembering I was still hurt. Rubbing the back of my head I met Ms. Weems's gaze across the room. "Good morning." I said, her cheeks still held a pink tinge as she smiled shyly at me. "Good morning, how are you feeling?" She asked. I shrugged a bit. "A bit better, I still have a mild headache but otherwise I'm good." She nodded making a quick beeline for the bathroom. Coming back a minute later with water and an ibuprofen in hand. "I do actually have to work today, so are you feeling up to class or do you think it would be better for you to stay in your room for the day to recover?" She said pulling out some clothes from the closet. I decided if I was going to catch Wednesday I would have to go to class. "I'll be okay to go, I'm already feeling a bit better than yesterday. Light is still kind of harsh but I'll just wear sunglasses." She nodded continuing to get ready. I watched as she walked around the room grabbing stuff for her work. She turned around catching me staring at her. She smirked lightly, making my stomach flip before she left for the restroom to change.

Once she came out of the bathroom her hair was up in it's usual style, her lips her signature shade of red. "I have to go darling, I assume you will be alright. If anything changes you are welcome to come right to my office." She said standing above me. She seemed reluctant to leave but with a final nod of her head was out of the door. I decided to get up and make my way back to my room to get everything for class.

After pulling on my uniform, along with a pair of sunglasses. I opened my door hastily hopping to catch Wednesday before class started. Turning around after locking my door I yelp in surprise. Wednesday standing right behind me, a stoic look on her face. "Jeez warn a girl next time." I said trying to giggle off my shock. Wednesday still standing there awkwardly. "You were there last night, you saw everything." She said in a monotone voice. I squinted my eyes slightly. "I wouldn't say everything. That dude was kicking my ass, as you can see." I said pointing to the dark bruise under the gauze covering the cut on my cheek. "But you saw the monster?" She asked impatiently. I nodded. "Only a flash, but I did see it." She nodded turning around and walking down the hall. "Come with me." She said, already halfway down the hall. Making me jog a bit to catch up. "Where are we going?" I asked, trying to keep up with her fast pace. "We are going to talk with the sheriff and Ms. Weems. They don't seem to believe me. And for whatever reason Ms. Weems takes a liking to you, maybe she'll believe you." I winced, knowing that Larissa was going to be upset seeing me with Wednesday. But I followed her through the halls anyway.

AN
Hey guys, totally surprised by how many people are enjoying. Sorry for making you guys wait so long for a new chapter. Just finished my last exam so I'm on break now. I'll be trying to get atleast 2 chapters out a week from now on. Thanks again for reading loves. :)