Jealous

Iris's POV (TW, homophobia)

I was sitting in a booth staring out of the window patiently waiting for Ms. Weems. Finally, after a couple of minutes, I heard her sit down. I turned my head to face her, she was already looking at me a small smile gracing her face. She pushed the cup towards me, I grabbed it happily. "Thank you." I said as I brought it up to my mouth, smiling as the familiar taste covered my tongue. I couldn't remember the last time I had hot chocolate, maybe when I was younger before my aunt had passed. Sometimes my aunt would stop by the house when my parents were gone for long periods of time. Dragging me along to do errands, and we would always stop for hot chocolate. When she passed I didn't know what to do. She had been the only form of loving a parent I had ever had. So once she had gone I had fallen into a deep depression. My grades started slipping, but my parents only cared that they were slipping, not that I was in pain. I bristled at the memory of my mother, when she had found out I was failing most of my classes.

I am brought out of my thoughts as Larissa's hand grabs my arm. I look up, to see her face filled with concern. "Are you alright, you weren't saying anything when I was talking to you." I hadn't even realized she had said anything. "Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking." I said. "Do you mind if I ask what about? You seemed upset." I debated telling her anything, as I had been dumping all my stuff on her lately. She wasn't may therapist, but she was always so welcoming. "My aunt used to take me out for hot chocolate all the time when I was little, just reminded me of her I guess." I said shrugging, looking back at her again her eyes focused on me completely. Making me feel like she wanted to crawl in my skin, and learn every little thing about me. "Why don't you have her come visit?" She asked, her hand still resting on my arm, her thumb running back and forth distracting me a bit. "She actually passed when I was thirteen." I said smiling sadly at her. "Oh, Iris I'm so sorry." She said her hand drifting from my arm to my hand squeezing it softly. I shook my head lightly "It's alright it happened quite a while ago." I said waving her off. "That doesn't mean it hurts any less." She was right even though it had happened a while back my heart still stings every time I think of her. "I guess you're right. You know I think you two would have gotten along." I said, my head filling with memories of my aunt. She always cared for everyone, weather she knew them or not. Something I found similar to Larissa. Her want to help any outcast was very honorable. Devoting her career to help unite her people, was something I adored about Larissa. "She loved people, just like you." Looking at her face, it held soft adoration as she looked at me. "Enough about me, I want to know more about you Ms. Weems." I stated confidently, hoping to leave from the sensitive conversation. She had surely delt with enough of my problems the last few days.

I wanted to know more about her, anything she would give me. "What made you want to be headmistress?" I asked, she glanced off into the distance caught in thought. "I guess I fell in love with Nevermore. I was a student myself once." She said. My eyebrows rose in surprise. I didn't know that, though it makes since, how much she loves the school."Really?" I asked. She nodded, her face morphing into a frown. "I didn't have the greatest experience at Nevermore. So I guess, I wanted to make sure other outcasts did." I smiled sadly at her "Well, that's very noble of you Larissa." This made her smile lightly, though I could tell she was still upset. "What happened when you were a student? If you don't mind me asking." I said, she nodded lightly, but I could tell she was hesitant to say anything. "Well my roommate knew I had a crush on this boy, I was going to ask him to the Rave'N, but she beat me to it. I guess I felt betrayed, plus there aren't many outcasts like me. I never really felt like I fit in. I never knew if someone truly wanted to be my friend or if they wanted to use me for my power." I looked at her interested, I had always wondered what her peculiarity was. I was never brave enough to ask. But I wasn't going to pry, she would tell me when she was comfortable doing so "Well I would like to meet anyone that did that to you and give them a piece of my mind. You're a wonderful person Larissa. I can see that in the way you care for your students." I said squeezing her hand, trying to show her how much I believed it.