willow

Luz woke up around 10am. Of course, her mind had woken her up about eight times before that, but that was besides the point.

She got up and walked to the bathroom, doing her daily routine of wiping her eyes, brushing her teeth, then her hair. She walked back to her room, changing into a pair of light-wash jeans and a dark purple sweater. She pranced over to her phone, feeling better now that she'd gotten out of bed. She slipped her shoes on, and was about to walk out, when the diary caught her eye again.

Luz looked at the book. She walked closer.

Just one peep wont hurt, right?

She picked up the book, and hesitantly opened it to the first page. She began reading.

May 30th

I don't feel right this morning. Mom says I probably just have a cold, but I feel like something is wrong. I have a slight fever, chills, and I'm super nauseous.

Luz stopped reading. She didn't want to continue, but she longed to know why Amity wanted her to have this so bad.

I'm gonna try to sleep it off, maybe I'll feel better in the morning.

Sincerely, Amity

Luz looked over to the next page.

June 2nd

I was rushed to the hospital last night. I had a seizure in my sleep. I feel worse by the day, but mom is still convinced nothing is wrong with me. The doctors are going to run some tests on me in a few hours. Willow is totally freaking out ahaha.. She's been texting me non-stop. I think I'm fine, though. I'm perfectly healthy. I've always been. Luz and I are going to the fair this weekend when I get out, I'm totally stoked. We haven't seen each other in like, a week. It's been tortureeeee!
Sincerely, Amity

Luz smiled at the memory of her inviting Amity to the fair. She was so excited, Amity had a count down of days on her calendar.

Luz frowned at the remembrance that they never got to go.

She checked the clock, it wasn't even 11 yet, she still had time to read a little more.

June 6th

It's finally Friday! Luz and I are meeting at the fair tomorrow, I'm so excited! It lines up perfectly, I get out early tomorrow morning, and we wont meet until later tomorrow night. My test results should come in about an hour, but I already feel much better. I must've just had a stomach bug or something. I'll write back when the results are in!

2 hours later, I just got my results. I have to stay longer. :,(

Sincerely, Amity

Luz closed the book, not being able to handle any more for that day. She blinked a few times, pushing back tears. Placing the diary on her nightstand, she picked up her phone, and headed out her bedroom.

She walked down the path, away from the owl house. Kicking grass and rocks, she eventually made it to Willow's house. She knocked on the door, and within 15 seconds her dads answered.

"Hi Luz! Willow's upstairs, come on in,"

She thanked the men and walked up the stairs, which were covered in vines and small petals. She enjoyed Willow's soft nature. She knocked on Willow's bedroom door.

"Come in, dad!" Yelled a voice on the other side.

"Hello, daughter," Luz imitated in a deep voice, walking into the room.

Willows eyes immediately shot up from her school book.

"Luz! Titan! Hi! How are you?" She asked, standing up out of her desk chair.

"I'm alright! How are you?" Luz replied walking over to give the bluenette a hug.

"It's getting easier," She simply responded.

Luz nodded.

"I get it. What've you been doing?"

"I'm trying to learn a new plant spell, I want to be able to produce whatever color plant I want," Willow explained.

"Huh. Here, let me help," She sat on Willow's bed and motioned for her to sit as well.

Willow followed and sat, watching Luz's every move.

"Focus, bring out what you want from deep in your heart. Try to let it flow through your mind and body," She explained, grabbing the girl's hands.

She heard Willow take a deep breath, and her hands relaxed. She drew a circle in the air and raised her unoccupied hand. She closed her eyes, and slowly, a green stem sprouted on her palm. Soft, green light followed it up, which faded into lilac petals.

Willow opened her eyes and looked at her hand.

"Woah,"

Luz giggled at her reaction, which caused Willow to laugh, too. She drew more circles in the air and shot flowers at Luz. The two laughed as flower petals were thrown across the room at one another.

Eventually, Luz decided to head home. The two had spent the evening working on spells, listening to music, helping Willow's dads cook, and now Luz was exhausted.

"I'll see you at school," Luz waved, walking out of Willow's bedroom.

The sun was almost completely gone, so Luz picked up her pace and jogged home as quick as she could. As she reached her front door, she pet Hooty, and walked in.

"Eda! I'm home!" She announced, seeing Eda was sitting in the kitchen.

"You look like you had fun. I'm glad, Luz. You've got school tomorrow, though, so the fun won't last too much longer," The witch joked.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna take a shower. Night Eda. Tell King I said goodnight to him, as well," Luz said, walking down the hall to her room.

Eda heard the doors opening and closing, and the water running.

She smiled to herself. She knew what it was like to lose a partner. It was painfully difficult, but she knew Luz was a strong girl. She was gonna be okay. Eda poured a mug of apple blood, walking back to her bedroom, where King slept peacefully at the foot of the bed.

The brunette cried herself to sleep that night.