emotions

"I'll come visit during winter break, I promise, Mami. Love you, bye,"

Luz ended the call with her mom as she reached Hexside, pushing open the front door and walking in.

"Hey Luz! Two more days until fall break!" Gus greeted, jogging to her side.

"Uhg, I'm so glad to get a break. I'm going to visit my mom for the first half, but maybe we can get the gang together and go do something," Luz suggested.

"Totally," Gus agreed, lifting his arm to check his watch. "I'll see you at lunch, I gotta go,"

Luz waved him off, making her way to her own class. When she entered, she noticed the class had a substitute for the day, so she just sat down and pulled her phone out. She scrolled through penstagram, trying to pass the time, when a text appeared at the top of her screen.

Boscha
*Attachment: One Image*

Luz clicked on the notification, seeing a picture of herself from the back. She smiled, turning around to face the pinkette in the back of the room. Boscha smiled back, pointing at the substitute. Luz hesitantly turned around, a bit confused, but saw that the sub was slouched over, dead asleep. She snorted, pulling her phone back up and snapping a picture of his face. She continued to send it to Boscha.

She heard a series of giggles from the back of the room, turning back to see Boscha showing the picture to two other girls sitting next to her. They all looked up at Luz, smiling. Boscha looked over at the clock on the wall, grabbing her scroll and beginning to type a message.

Boscha
u wanna head to the library with me n skara?

Luz turned back to her phone, feeling it buzz.

Luz
ye sure lol

The three shared a nod, quietly standing up, and walking out of the class.

"Uhg, two days left and they expect us to want to stay in class?" Boscha groaned when they were out of the room.

"I know, like, I have better things to do," Skara said, adjusting her bag strap.

"And we don't even get half a day Friday!" Luz complained.

The other two girls nodded, and a moment of silence passed through the girls.

"Amity would've beat all of our asses if she knew we were skipping class," Luz chuckled.

Another moment of silence.

"She definitely would. She smacked me once for being late to grudgby practice, I wasn't even five minutes late!" Boscha laughed.

"Oh my titan, remember that time she got benched for throwing the ball at your head?" Skara giggled, lightly punching Boscha's arm.

"What? I've never heard that story! Tell me!" Luz exclaimed, acting offended.

Skara began laughing harder, trying to tell the story.

The girls continued to the library like this, laughing and sharing memories. They silenced a bit as they entered the library, walking over to a table in the back to sit at.

The three sat in silence, all thinking of Amity.

"It's good to see you smiling, Luz," Boscha spoke up.

The Latina looked up at her, biting her lip.

"It is," Luz agreed. "I'm surrounded by some of the best people I could ever ask for, it's all thanks to them,"

The two girls in front of her sat with soft smiles on their faces. Skara reached for one of Luz's hands, taking it into her own.

"Everyone talks about how strong you are, and it's true. I know Am would be so proud of you," She spoke softly, shifting her gaze from Luz's eyes to their hands.