I can do it!

The first few days were very easy for Brian. He hardly thought about his challenge as he focused on his work as a math teacher. Being a teacher, his job was time consuming and distracting, luckily for him. However, he did want to work in the field of astrophysics one day, hence why he'd worked so hard for his PhD. Although it was difficult to find a decent job in the area, he was determined. He didn't want to have to move to America to work at NASA, as that would mean leaving everything behind. He couldn't, wouldn't do that. So he was stuck as a math teacher while he searched for a job.

It was the night of the 3rd of November and Brian was sitting at the table in his flat, scrolling through his laptop to find some worksheets. He sighed and rested his head on his hand as he scrolled through the seemingly endless supply of worksheets. He groaned and decided to take a break and mark some books for a little bit. He hated being a teacher sometimes. The work load was huge and he just didn't have the energy. Another 10 minutes passed as he absentmindedly marked the books. His phone started ringing, making him jump but also providing a welcome distraction. He saw that it was Roger and answered the call immediately.

"Hey Rog, you alright?" He asked as he put it on speakerphone and continued to mark books. Roger could hear the exhaustion in his voice and laughed softly.

"Yeah I'm okay, don't worry. Listen, I know you've been busy lately but we should go on a date soon. It'll be fun." Roger suggested, and Brian's stomach flipped at the idea. Even though he'd been dating Roger for almost a year, the idea of going out with him still made him thrum with nervous energy. Brian hummed noncommittally before answering.

"Alright, yeah sure." He mumbled. Roger made a noise on the other end of the line. Brian knew there was another reason why Roger had called so he waited patiently.

"Hey, um, Bri.." Roger said, sounding a little unsure. Brian stopped writing and put his pen down, noting his tone and thinking it might be serious.

"Yes, Rog? Are you okay?" He asked, concern in his tone. 

"Yes, yes, um..I was thinking. You know how we talked about, uh, moving in together? I was thinking we should.. actually do it." Roger explained awkwardly and Brian frowned slightly. Was this really what Roger was so nervous about? They had talked about moving in together so many times and Brian was always agreeable to the idea.

"I think that's a great idea, Rog. I have plenty of space in my flat if you'd want to come here." Brian offered, completely forgetting about the book marking he was halfway through.

"I'm so glad you offered. I was going to ask if we could share your flat, as mine is too small. Would it be alright if I..moved in in the next few days?" Roger asked, the nervousness back in his tone.

"Yes of course, Rog. But don't you need to pack?" Brian asked, getting up from his seat at the table and going to sit on his sofa. He could feel Roger's embarrassment from over the phone.

"I..I've already done most of it. I knew you wouldn't refuse to move in together but I thought I should check anyway.." Roger admitted, and Brian glowed inside with affection for Roger.

"Well then! Why don't I come to yours after work tomorrow and I'll help you move your stuff?" Brian offered, and Roger confirmed the plan with enthusiasm.

"Great. I can't wait! See you tomorrow, Bri. I love you!" He said and Brian smiled, feeling butterflies fluttering around in his stomach.

"I love you too, Rog." He responded and hung up the phone, grinning to himself. He felt giddy, like a teenager who had just confessed his love to his crush and got a positive response. It felt like a dream come true and he couldn't wait to live with Roger for good. His phone buzzed and he assumed it was Roger with a follow up text, but it was Freddie. Brian clicked on the message and immediately felt confused.