第一章

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・

moon castle.

that's what they called the old castle far into the forest.

the townsfolk beside it said it was cursed, they said it was haunted, and they said there was a vampire who lived inside of it.

not that they're wrong, there is very much a singular vampire living in that castle.

meet wen junhui. junhui's been trapped in the castle for a couple decades-centuries maybe? hard to recall time in a place you can never leave.

despite the stories; of the vampire who feeds on the innocent, who lurks in the night waiting for the next innocent soul to enter the doomed castle,

wen junhui was far from free.

he was aware of what they said about him, he knew what they thought. he didn't care if they feared him, made up rumours, after all; most were more than likely to be true.

junhui got up from the large sofa he was sitting on, striding to one of the several curtained windows that surrounded one of the four walls of this particular sitting room. he yanked it open, the filtered sunlight that fell through the tall trees entering the room and stinging junhui's pale skin slightly.

it's been a few days since he allowed the sun to enter any room.

junhui squinted while he looked outside, swearing for a second that the light was playing tricks on his poor eyes.

he swears that he saw a silhouette of a person.

'maybe i am going insane.' he thinks to himself. there's usually not even a trace of movement outside the castle, whatever animals in the forest seeming to know to stay away from the castle.

so then why, why, did he see movement outside?

junhui dragged the curtains shut once more, the curtains overlapping before falling back into place as they were before due to the amount of power he used.

thankfully he didn't rip the curtain clean off the hooks this time, last time he did that the curtains did come right off and he had to go through the pain of hanging them back up again. he had to replace one of the hooks too, since it had come right off and was bent in a way junhui couldn't even fix.

junhui let out a frustrated sigh.

why couldn't he just go outside? it's been a really really long time since the last time junhui had touched the greenery outside, since he's felt the sun or moon light on his skin without the filter that was the window.

yet, here he was,

trapped in his own endless cycle of misery.

sometimes he wondered what it was like to be a normal person-mundane-someone who wasn't bound within their own home.

someone who was free.

did they share laughter with others? did they have to find comfort within the darkness? were they surrounded by people who loved them? were they able to feel the outside air on their skin, never taking it for granted. did they run through fields of multi-colored flowers which bloomed and withered away each season.

were they able to love?

junhui can't recall the last time he loved someone.

can't even bring up a memory of someone who loved him.

guess you could say it was a price he had to pay for being immortal.

junhui hated the fact he was in this castle, he hated the fact that whenever he turned a corner something would feel missing, and he had a burning hate for the blackhole in his heart and mind.