第七章

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・

junhui hated having to admit he was curious as to what lies behind that door.

he’s never seen it before, despite having come into this space several times before in his lifetime. 

he let out a resigned sigh. “if you insist, minghao-ssi.” the smile minghao gave him left mixed feelings in his stomach. 

the vampire let minghao lead the two over to where the door was, and stood next to junhui, waiting patiently as junhui only stared at him.

“open the door.” minghao said, an eyebrow raised and his free hand gesturing to the handle. “why don’t you? you dragged me here.” junhui retorted, about to cross his arms, only to remember he was holding hands with the human.

an odd warmth swirled in his chest, a feeling he can’t seem to get enough of yet despised. 

“you think i haven’t tried? if i could open it myself i wouldn’t have gone through the pain of getting you to see it.” minghao replied, his tone both sharp and carried a slight sass.

junhui looked away, the eye contact between the two breaking. he cleared his throat awkwardly, turning the door handle and pushing the door open. 

past the door, was a pure white room, a mirror seeming to dangle from a ceiling unseen to the naked eye. 

minghao stepped through first, pulling junhui who had no choice but to follow behind minghao into this mysterious space. 

but before the two could do any serious exploring, they had stumbled back into the material world, clothes returning to what they were before, landing in the hallway just outside junhui’s room. 

how they manage to move within this space is still a mystery. 

junhui realized that minghao still held his hand. the vampire pulled his hand away, a glare being shot and words forming on his tongue. 

“what, what was that. why did you appear?” junhui questioned the other male, minghao raising his hands up in defence.

“you’ve disappeared for hours, or well, at least you haven’t appeared to try to attack me again. i was walking past here, and then i suddenly blacked out and when i opened my eyes again, i was in that place with you right there.” minghao explained, averting eye contact with the vampire. 

junhui let out a frustrated sigh. “if you’re here to ask for permission about the kitchen, go right ahead, i don’t mind.” the vampire said, turning around and closing himself into his room. 

he listened carefully to minghao’s footsteps. the human seemed to have taken a step towards the door the vampire had disappeared behind, but possibly after a moment’s hesitation, turned and left junhui to his own devices. 

junhui was drowned in silence once minghao had made another turn further down the hallway, the only exception to this silence was the occasional animal outside and junhui’s own racing thoughts.

and maybe, just maybe, the steady flutter of feelings swirling in his chest.

he stared at his hand, seeming to feel the ghost of minghao’s hand in his once more. a warmth that was no longer there, an illusion conjured up by his mind, a ghost of what was once present. 

wanting to change his train of thoughts from steering further in that direction, junhui looked away, a sigh escaping his lips. 

he couldn't help but slowly open the door, peeking his head around to get a glimpse of the newly empty hallway. the vampire knew the male wouldn't be on the other side, yet it still came as a surprise when the sound of silence left him with a peculiar feeling.